8/18/2026
"Do you pray often enough for God to
recognize your voice?"
Daily Walk
Yesterday when I was writing my blog I shared about my struggles with prayer, because of the continuous chaos of this world and continuous spiritual attack that has been coming after me and my family. It's not that I am not praying, as that is what I am called to do as an intercessor, and regardless of how I may be feeling, my life is hidden in Christ. My concern has been with the varying opinions of others that do not align with God's Word, and the distractions that are seeming to take the place of time on our face before God repenting of our inconsistency in prayer or lack thereof. This is a very dark time as the enemy is working overtime in an attempt to destroy our country. Those who appear to be well-meaning in calling prayer meetings are really holding events that may include prayer, but they have too many people sharing their points of view when the only point of view, and the only opinion that is important is God's. We must repent of attempting to build our own credence and denying the power of Almighty God.
I am now reading and studying the book of Ezekiel who is a younger contemporary of Jeremiah. While Jeremiah is in Judah warning of the coming destruction of Jerusalem, Ezekiel is already in Babylon with Israel in exile. Although their missions were the same, warning the people of God of impending doom and destruction because of the horrendous sins and their failure to repent, their delivery was different. According to the overview in My Daily Walk: "Ezekiel was given the task of describing to a band of spiritually blind Jews the Person and program of their God. But before he was qualified to do that, Ezekiel needed his own spiritual eyesight checked, in order to gain a clear, fresh perspective of the great and glorious God he was called to represent."
We, the readers, are challenged to examine how well we know the God that we are supposed to be representing to those we come in contact with each day - our families, communities, churches, places of employment, and even in our own quiet time with the Savior.
Although Ezekiel's prophecies were bleak detailing the total destruction of Jerusalem, while the leaders of Judah watched helplessly, and all appeared bleak and hopeless, God offers encouragement through Ezekiel (11:19): "I will give you one heart and a new spirit. I will take from you your hearts of stone and give you tender hearts of love for God." This is a picture of our God, the Holy One of Israel, who punishes those He loves only to offer a fresh beginning, an opportunity to serve Him and make Him Lord. Throughout Scripture this is the God we serve, who offers us hope in our helplessness and who desires above all to have relationship with us. He accomplishes this through the shed blood of Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord who died on the cross for our sins, washing us clean, so we could stand before a Holy God.
Do you know His voice? Do you hear Him calling? Psalm 91:1-2 promises: "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."
Some wonderful sisters in the Lord once shared with a struggling Pastor that if he wanted to grow in his relationship with God and build his faith and ministry that all he had to do was: "Find the love of Jesus and love Him back." That's the key! Along with Billy Graham's wonderful advice - "Stick to the Book!"
Go and do likewise.
No comments:
Post a Comment