8/12/2026
"A Christian is like a teabag -
not worth much until he's been through
some hot water."
Daily Walk
Now that's an understatement! A little hot water?? I feel as if I've been soaking all night long, and I'm feeling a bit water logged and tea stained! The good news this morning is that my rash from the poison oak fiasco is beginning to look "human," if that can be an adequate description. I still do not know how I managed to get infected, but thankfully, it has remained isolated to my left wrist and arm. Epsom salt is once more my best support against poison bushes. I have purposed to leave the bushes until autumn or closer to winter when everything has died, and I can remove the entire row of bushes and eliminate the poison vines. At this stage of the game I'm not even certain what daddy planted, but I know it is not the beautiful forsythia bushes he used to have lining the property on two sides. They were the most vibrant yellow, and when they bloomed it felt like heaven. Bright flowers bring me so much joy, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the crepe myrtle trees - purple and bright rose. I still have to contend with the Virginia Creeper, but it is manageable. I love sitting outside in my little tree garden in my red retro chair enjoying the beauty and peace.
I woke up before the alarm and visited with Alex on the front porch. He really is a spoiled cat to be half feral. The kitten came face to face with him this morning, but he did not linger inside. I caught her watching him out the window, as if she remembered him. My theory is that Alex is the one who brought Fae to us, as he has other friends visiting us from time to time. He prefers the great outdoors and the freshness of the morning, but once it gets cold, he'll probably want to be back in my room sprawled lazily across the bed. I sat down to visit with him awhile this morning on the top step beside a fat slug and a smaller one attempting to make their exit. At night slugs love to check out the cat's bowls. It seems to be a favorite spot for other critters as well. I've not seen our resident opossum lately, but I hope he's safe. The neighbor came by early this morning, walking his little dog, and they lingered a few minutes in front of my house. We spoke briefly, but it's hard to get into a conversation when I'm still in my pajamas and robe. Plus my hair looked a fright, but that's normal. He's retired military, and he enjoys watching movies in his garage on Friday nights. My friend and I have been invited up, but we have yet to go. It would be nice to get to know him, as he seems very friendly. I 'd love to hear about his tours of duty and share with him about my work as a civilian employee at Fort Lee in Race Relations. I'd love to know about the growth of the base and the change in the name. I have many years to catch up on.
Later a lady was walking her little dog, and we exchanged "hellos." I was cutting grass which seems to be the time people honk their greetings or wave. Everyone seems friendly, and it reminds me of when I was growing up around here. It's an old neighborhood and is relatively quiet. I was able to get the grass cut, and tree branches and debris from the storm picked up off the yard, but there's weeding left to do. Weed eating is my son's chore, so I left him plenty to do. The rain beat up my wild flowers, so I need to finish cleaning up my flower bed, but that can wait for another day.
I'm ending the day with music by Terry MacAlmon - my usual Wednesday night Hour with Jesus. He went overtime tonight, but I am so glad, because it is so wonderful to sit and listen to praise and worship songs, many of which are from the early days of Integrity Music. His followers don't seem to mind what he sings, as we love it all. He closes with a short devotional, a refreshing way to end the day.
"Let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually."
Hebrews 13:15
No comments:
Post a Comment