Thursday, August 6, 2026

Day 216 Time

This may contain: a woman holding a baby in her lap with the words, the world is changed by your example, not by your opinion 

8/4/2026

"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy, 

break up your fallow ground; for it is time to seek the Lord, 

till He come and rain righteousness upon you.

Hosea 10:12 


 
As I attempt to makes sense of my notes I have scribbled on the pages of my journal, so I can finish writing this blog, my thoughts begin to wander, thinking about the events of the day. Today was a very important day for Virginia as we gathered at the polls to vote for the primary election for a Senate seat in Congress. The incumbent's seat was uncontested, so the other party had three candidates running. The curious thing about this primary is that it was not listed on Pray the Vote, and the only way I knew about it was I received an email that made me ask questions. Even a poll worker did not realize that we had a US Senate seat open. The polls had been open for early voting since mid-June, but fortunately I was still able to cast my vote a few days early. I also made certain that I posted this information, so other voters could know. The sad thing is that many people don't vote primaries; they wait until the general election. Then when things don't work out their way, they complain. There are no words. 
 
I had awakened very early in the morning, but rather than get up I decided to just lie still and talk to God about some things that were troubling me. I've been concerned about a friend who is not living the life God has for him. I had a conversation with someone, remarks were made, and I couldn't understand the insensitive manner in which this person was speaking of my friend. I wondered if somehow I had provoked the conversation with my comments about my life, and yet I really don't think this had anything to do with me. Perhaps it was the alcohol being consumed. I left feeling very disheartened, and although it has been several weeks now, I can't get it out of my mind or heart. I feel broken.
 
I just finished reading through the book of Isaiah, and I must say that it is a long and rather difficult study. Don't misunderstand, as I love the book, it is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible, but Isaiah had a tough job prophesying to a rebellious people who eventually were lead away into captivity, because they chose not to repent. Today I began the book of Jeremiah, better known as the weeping prophet, who was sent to warn Judah of its coming judgment. As I am reading through these passages I see shadows of what is happening now in my own country. Things I would never have imagined happening in a nation founded on godly principles, and yet I've been reading about the children of Israel. I must say that sometimes it becomes too much to bear.
 
Each day I have to weed through my emails trying to clear out the tragic news from reputable, Christian journalists who are informing of recent events for prayer. As of today we have been standing with Israel on the wall for 1033 days since the massacre on 10/7/2023. The good thing is that there haven't been any attacks in Israel or trips to the bomb shelters for a while, and I pray that stays that way. But the reality is that it will not last forever, and the uncertainty can cause much anxiety.
 
Much is going on all over the world, and much evil is raising its head in America. Over the years the threat has been here, but now it is out in the open, blatantly obvious, yet ignored. Those who understand and who can spiritually discern the signs, are making attempts to warn the church leaders, but they either do not believe or they do not care. The silence from the church is deafening. The increasing danger in our country is becoming so great that a well-known comedian attempted to openly share on his show the lies and cover ups, exposing the truth, that no one wanted to believe. Nonetheless, he did it, and I pray all the people who finally realized he was not joking, but in his own way was attempting to warn the people, will wise up and listen up. This man is very popular, so perhaps if the secular world becomes aware, the church will follow suit. And here I always thought the church were the leaders?!
 
I can't help but think of the words of George Whitefield again shouting the words "AWAKE, O SLEEPER!" Who knows, maybe someone is listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment