8/5/2026
"Prayer should be free, spontaneous, vital fellowship
between the created person and the personal Creator, in
which Life should touch life. The more that prayer becomes the
untrammeled, free, and natural expression of the desires of
our hearts, the more real it becomes."
O. Hallesby
I think better after getting a haircut. I've been long overdue one, so maybe that's why my mind's been a little fuzzy lately. Chocolate also makes me feel a bit clearer, too, so I sent my son to the store to buy me a Butterfinger. Maybe ice cream would have been better, but the candy and the Dr. Pepper helped tremendously. He also bought Sour Patch Gummies, but he hid those from me. Smart move, as I can't handle too much sugar, and Dr. Oz would not approve!
It was another very early morning, but it was quiet and prayer time more real than it's been lately. I always pray - I don't give Abba many free moments, especially with all the requests for prayer. I made a promise that I wouldn't resort to "pat answers," but I'd wait for His direction. Not that I have any answers. I rely on the strength of His word, and the Bible is full of powerful promises. Knowing how to apply them is the key, but having a pure heart is the secret. Not a well-kept one, as God freely gives when we ask.
As I've mentioned previously, many fiery darts of the wicked one have been headed my way, and before one thing is acknowledged, four more arrows fly my way. I feel like a target after everyone has had their shot. Thankfully, not all are bull's eye! I'm trying to be patient and trustful, but I admit that I have been feeling a little weary some days. I think I tend to over compensate with menial tasks such as trying to rid my bushes of the Virginia Creeper, and once more I see that I may have poisoned my arm. I'm not too certain what has happened, but so far the poison seems isolated to one area, or so I'm calling it. I call it one more little dart of the enemy. I tried the Rambo effect of applying extreme heat to the area to cauterize it, after using Epsom salt straight on to ease the sting and itch, but I think I may have overdone the abuse. So much for thinking I'm all that and a bag of chips, as the saying goes! So I decided to try a more conventional means of soothing a wound by cleansing with Sovereign Silver and slapping a cloth bandage on it. Actually, it worked for a while.
This morning after the prayer call we headed out to purchase our refrigerator...again! This time we asked all the right questions and received more information than the first time. We had to pay a little more, but God ensured we received our 18 months without interest - a sure blessing for this retired ole lady. I love wriggle room. My daddy taught me how to finagle a deal, how to save up and buy things with cash when possible. I miss him, and I sure which he could send me some notes from heaven about this house. He was a fixer-upper, and he was a genius when it came to using what he had on hand when he didn't have the money to buy a new part. Sometimes sons think their dads are not too smart, but let me just say, my dad was an Einstein or smarter!! And mama made the Proverbs 31 wife who stayed up all night, her candle never going out, doing this and that look like a bored housewife. Mama was quiet and very kind, but she was sharp as a tack, and daddy counted on her sewing skills and savvy to work some miracles.
I always love the close of my days on Wednesdays. They can be power-packed with two late Bible studies after a 7 pm prayer call, an 8 pm Hour with Jesus with Terry MacAlmon and his wife Liz. but this week I fudged a little and hung out with Terry and Liz, blogged, and watched an action movie - a blast from the past. It may seem as if I'm watching a lot of movies, but I prefer music while I'm reading and talking to Abba. But somehow I've needed to step away and be more normal. Is that even possible for my life? But then, my life is normal for me. It's just the rest of the world, other than my fellow intercessors, who have the other lives. I'm not tied down to grandchildren - other than a noisy little kitten and two demanding adult cats, one lazing inside and the other outside on my window sill meowing for me to come out and play at 3 am. I don't have a husband, and bless my son because he likes his quiet time also. His is quite the opposite of mine, but no worries. I know he loves Jesus and talks to God in his own way. I'm not so certain that he invites Abba to watch movies with him, like I do, but he's wise enough to know what God likes and what he doesn't. Actually, spending time with Jesus is what I do. I'm certain He loves movies, popcorn, Junior Mints, and Mexican Coke...in moderation, of course. He knows Dr. Oz quite well! In fact I'll be President Trump asked God if Dr. Oz was the right pick for the CMS position. Go figure!!
Well, this is a wrap and the end of my day. Thanks for the visit. Leave a comment. Isn't that the way most podcasts end?
No comments:
Post a Comment