
8/11/2026
"Risky love seizes the moment."
And the Angels Were Silent
Max Lucado
I was awakened by a thump landing on my bed this morning. Little Fae, our mischievous orphaned kitty, decided that it was time to play, and she wanted Gram to get up. It was still rather early, so rather than insisting on her way, she quietly laid down beside me, and put her little head on my shoulder. This didn't last very long, as she decided she needed a better place to lie down, so she crawled up on my chest and settled down for a few more minutes. I was the one to break the silence, however, as she was calm and peaceful still. But the moment my feet hit the floor, she was off and running! My son had gotten her out of the room, but he had neglected to feed her. She didn't seem overly hungry, as she enjoys eating dead bugs and chasing the living ones. Once she was fed, I grabbed my coffee and settled back in my bedroom for quiet time. By this time, Fae had located her ball, and she was busy entertaining herself. And so the morning began.
I received a call during my global prayer call that I felt that I needed to take, and I was correct. The exchange did, however, offer me some hope regarding a matter long held in abeyance may actually have been put to rest. I made the follow up calls, received promising news, but my attempts to gain "in my hand proof" have not yet been obtained. Until this matter is handled, I still have actions to pursue. These are stressful matters, and after dealing with this issue since 2016 it has become very wearying and has a way of tuckering me out for the day. I had to walk around with my phone in my hands, waiting for a return call that never came. Typical, sadly, of this company. Nonetheless, I am giving another day of grace before I proceed on to my next course of action. I don't understand why things have to be this way when the respectful and professional way of handling things should be the customary response. I live in a different world.
To press that truth of this not being my world a bit further, I received yet another phone call, more drama, more accusations intended to blame me for things that are so absurd - again! After a relatively long monologue, I decided that I'd listened enough, and I decided to end the toxic conversation. Max Lucado's comment about "risky love" was in connection with Mordecai the Jew consulting Queen Esther when wicked Haman had the king sign an edit regarding the annihilation of the Jews. The king had no idea that Queen Esther was a Jew, but Mordecai was asking her to approach the king without invitation, a crime punishable by death unless he held out his scepter. Mordecai told her that if her fear kept her from informing the king of the matter, she would not survive death. The memorable words often quoted about these end times is what Mordecai said to the Queen in Esther 4:14: "And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?" Mordecai's entreaty worked, and Queen Esther replied: "Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 'I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish'" (Esther 4:15-16). Sometimes the response is risky love, an exercise perhaps I must pursue in dealing with legal and personal matters.
Oswald Chambers wisely counsels: "We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties." 2 Chronicles 20:12 "Our eyes are upon Thee."
It's very late now, and I need to find my pillow. It's been a day of disappointments, yet a day of laughter and relaxation at times from my comic relief, Fae our kitten. Yesterday once we got the refrigerator set up and the food back in place, put the kitchen back together, and grabbed a quick bite, my son headed off to bed, and I finished a few things I had to do. I guess the stress of it all got to both of us, and since I'm much older, I was really wiped out for most of the day just from that activity. Last evening we had quite a thunderstorm that touched down and flooded some areas of my rooms before I was able to get the windows down. Fortunately the sump pump was working, and the basement did not flood. Although today was sunny and remained so all day, I was unable to get the lawn mowed, and I was so tired that I didn't get very much accomplished except for the follow up phone calls that accomplished little actually. May tomorrow prove to be a more promising and fruitful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment