Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Day 214 Stop and Consider

 This may contain: a woman in a pink dress holding a clock and wearing a helmet with feathers on her head 

8/2/2026

 "Come and sit and ask Him whatever is on your heart.

No question is too small, no riddle too simple.

He has all the time in the world.

Come and seek the will of God."

Max Lucado

 

It reassures me and makes me feel as if I'm not too far off the mark of following God's lead and purpose when I hear someone say the words I have spoken so often. Day in and day out, wherever I go, and whatever I do, I voice the same concerns, whether it be to myself, to another whom I feel may understand, or to Abba, because I talk to Him about everything, as it should be. But hearing someone, of importance in the ministry, recognizing that one of the main problems we have is too many distractions happening at the same time, in different places, with one reason, to take our focus off God's plan, really took me by surprise. It seemed as if the light bulb had been turned on. And yet, I have had this same one speak of being cautious and not quick to jump to the conclusions of others. He realizes that the enemy's greatest game plan is to divide and conquer, although people are becoming wise to it. But what does it take to come to this place of clear vision?!

Nearing three years of daily prayer with Israel has taught me much about God's chosen people, about the restoration of Israel in the end times, and about the land covenant. The more I read my Bible in my quiet time, away from distractions, asking Abba questions, then hearing the same questions asked by another, has made me wonder who truly reads the Bible and understands it. It is inconceivable to me that even the professors at seminaries do not have a clear understanding of what the scriptures teach when it comes to Israel and God's irrevocable covenant. How many times did God say that He changes not! And if they do not see clearly regarding Israel, how then can they clearly regard what Paul explained about the Gentiles being grafted into the vine as wild olive shoots! These things must first become knowledge in our personal walk with the Lord. Many people talk about getting alone with the Lord, and yet, where is the fruit that Jesus said we would see! Where are the miracles? Why then so much hatred and antisemitism, and now Christian Zionism hatred. Does anyone even know what a Christian Zionist is? Well, if you don't, I'm not telling you. 

I realize that there are many who do witness and receive miracles daily, and there are those who live in the miraculous all the time. By that I mean the supernatural feeling of the presence of God regardless of what is going on in life. This does not happen without a high cost. I'm sure some reading, perhaps most, will not understand what I am trying to say, but the important thing is that it is said. Sometimes I think I talk too freely about things, and people may consider it drama, but what I see and hear has never been that. I get way too excited when people ask me about my life, because, first of all, I don't get out that much and have the opportunity to share my life with old friends or family, and God has done so much for me; and secondly, I love to talk about Jesus, and He's the reason for the life I've lived, every crazy twisted path has been His doing - maybe undoing of my messes - to get me back on His direction. My life has been intense, but it has been amazing. Now, would I want to repeat any of it? No, not really, because I would rather have done things God's way at the get go, but my heart was too compassionate, and my mind was too young and inexperienced. Yet, I learned - the hard and painful way. But, I learned!!

Something else that really blows my mind is how trained, educated with degrees, a Spirit filled Christian counselor cannot spiritually discern when someone is not telling the truth. And why would they encourage a Christian patient, who is obviously filled with unforgiveness, hatred and anger to curse without restraint, because it has to get out of their systems, no matter how many sessions it takes. Somehow it seems that the Word of God would be better than evil communication and dwelling on the past. I don't understand that. But then, who am I to know?!

Friendship is another mixed feeling for me. A friend is one who sticks closer than a brother, according to the Bible. Jesus called Judas friend as he betrayed Him. A friendship should remain steadfast even if there has been time between visits or a distance between due to one moving away. Over time they lose touch, but once they are reunited, it should be as if nothing has changed. Perhaps the years have brought changes physically, even emotionally, with many experiences - such as marriage and children - tucked in between, but the connection that was real should still be there. I have such relationships, and I treasure them. But there are times when we think someone is a friend, we even call them friends, but it is one-sided. I guess I've answered my own question in mulling this over, as I was wondering why a friend wouldn't invite me to a wedding or let me know great news firsthand. Now I understand, and it's okay. I am still overjoyed. 

I wonder if I should write my own book of questions or thoughts, like Solomon's Ecclesiastes, but I wouldn't agree with his seemingly negative manner of speech. In the end he gets it straight about God's way being the only way, but all the rest I'll just talk to Abba about. For me, that seems the better way. I know He's my Friend, but I won't allow anything to come between our friendship. It's too precious. I wish it could be that way in every case.

No comments:

Post a Comment