
8/10/2026
“Holy Spirit, help me discern what is mine to carry and what is not.”
Someone recently shared that when describing me to others she would talk about my joy even in the midst of the worst of circumstances. I have often been told that I am always smiling, and I remember more than one person calling me by nicknames "Smiley," and "Sunshine," to describe my character, my childlike ability to laugh and find something pleasant, even when the atmosphere was less than! I've always taken my worries, that I prefer to call concerns, to Jesus, because He knows everything about how it feels to live among men as a human. It's hard for some people to realize that whereas He is God, He is man, so who better to talk to in these times. But I admit that the days are getting pretty heavy, and the enemy is trying as hard as he can to discourage me.
I never dreamed that my own family would be the ones to hurt me the most, but I am learning so much from the Lord about letting the hurts go. Abba has been teaching me about human nature, which includes selfishness and manipulation. I fully realize that I've made mistakes in my life, but I am being accused of things that don't make sense. Again, I realize where it all comes from, or who is the deceiver behind it all. I know also that God allows us to endure hardships in order to teach us or perfect us. In short, there are lessons to be learned. In 2 Timothy 2:1-4 Paul encourages Timothy: "You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier."
As an intercessor I have long been enlisted as a soldier in the Lord's service, and the strongest message He has ever given me in a dream was to "Keep your eyes on the Commander of the Armies of Heaven" and "Cut off the head of the snake!" At one point today, while I was speaking with the Lord, I said that I really needed to look for a job, because there are expenses and things that need to be done. Plus I felt as if I was being pushed into making a decision that I know in my heart did not come from the Lord. So, as I began to voice the words, "Lord, I really need to find a ...." I heard Him clearly say to me, "What did I tell you to do?" And I replied to Him, "Keep my eyes on You and cut off the head of the snake." So, once more I put that thought out of my mind. God does not need my help with anything. He just wants me to be faithful. So, I will just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and keep turning the other cheek. After all, Jesus never gave an explanation. He did tell many, however, that He only did what His Father told Him to do. In the book of John, Jesus said several times that He only did what the Father showed Him to do (John 5:19, 30; 8:28; 12:49, and 14:31).
It seems as if there are so many things happening, and the enemy's arrows are flying. I wrote about this in a previous blog...many times. We need to be aware of these times. Paul, speaking with Timothy again, says in 2 Timothy 3:1-7: "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!" That's quite a list, and I can honestly say that I am seeing this list being played out in people's lives shockingly! I only read legitimate news from truthful, reliable journalists and ministries, and many things I do not need to be told, because God has given me a Spirit of discernment and understanding of things beforehand, so very little surprises me, with the exception of the sources of many things.
Right now, as I pen these words, helicopters are flying back and forth over this area, and it makes me wonder if the Army is practicing maneuvers. I was married to ex-military, worked at the base, and my family members have served, so I have some inclinations. Whatever all the noise is for, I pray for our military and their families, and for our leaders here on American soil and in the Middle East particularly. That goes without saying, as I pray for Israel and the people of Persia...Iran. But I will not fear, nor will I do anything other than pray and encourage and, mostly, trust God who has all things in His hands. He has given us competent leadership for this time in history, whether those opposed to those in office may feel. All that matters is that God has set up this group of men and women, and He will see it to completion according to His will. Our job as believers is to pray, trust, and be aware of the enemy's evil agenda.
As for me, I will do what he told me to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment