Saturday, August 8, 2026

Day 218 Still Listening

This may contain: a woman wearing a hat and holding a clock in front of a sign that says choose wonder 

8/6/2026

 "Others may only see a hopeless end, 

but believers rejoice in an endless hope."

Daily Walk

 

Sometimes I think I'm too silly for my own good, especially since my birthday is coming up next week, and I really should begin to act my age, or so one would think?! But where's the fun in that?! I've never been a glass half empty gal, and I'd much rather think positively than moan and groan about things.  Especially today in a world gone mad where people are looking everywhere and anywhere for hope. Of course I don't have to look for hope, because I live it every day. Others just can't seem to wrap themselves around the idea that God can and does keep our minds in peace, but then, they have not learned how to quiet themselves down and allow God to be God.

This has been a another busy day, and a productive one. This afternoon we took little Fae, our kitten to the vet for her flea, tick, and other varmints application. She had grown almost double since her initial visit, and she is loving, playful, and too frisky for her own good sometimes. She jumps high like a gazelle when I dangle her bird on a string in the air over her. She's a hoot to watch, and she plays long, hard, and tirelessly. She's still parked on my queen-sized bed while I scrunch up on my twin size, so at least she gets a good rest. When I go out I need to shop for some storage bins to rearrange some items in that room, so I can move in. But when I do, she'll be evicted, so "move over, Mia!"

Tomorrow I'm having a day out with my sister who has graciously consented to helping me fix up my daddy's old pump house that is literally falling apart and blowing away. It seemed to be a pretty sturdy structure years ago, which he insulated with packing peanuts. Unfortunately, the rotting outer board has so decomposed that the peanuts are blowing in the breeze...all over the block...or at least across my yard. With the increasing winds, however, I'm sure the neighbors shared in my excitement of picking up these nasty little inventions of man, wondering, no doubt, if it was raining odd shaped pieces of styrafoam. Chicken Little would be so stoked!

Besides that task we are going to measure for a kitchen floor and for other tasks requiring building materials. I need to locate a reasonably priced storage shed before winter, so I am scoping out the sheds at Home Depot and Lowes, and we may stop by one of those businesses who sell buildings. Who knows, I may find a bargain. I must remain optimistic, as by next summer, if I'm still around, I plan to buy my John Deere riding lawnmower. I love my push mower that self-propels, but my son has a bad back, so I want him to have a nice toy. But, it's all up to the Lord, as He's the one who calls the shots. It is, after all, His money. I hope I'm stewarding it well.

On Thursday evenings I hold my Harvest Online Group study, and there were four in attendance tonight. I have six faithful attendees, including myself, which is kind of nice, as it allows more discussion time, as a general rule. Nonetheless, I miss the other people, and I just hope they are connecting somewhere. Harvest Ministries offers so many community resources, but I still say, as it is true, that face-to-face connection is the best. Having these gals with me really makes a difference though, and I hope I offer come support that will encourage them in their day to day walk with Jesus. After the online meeting, I visited a while by telephone with one of the members, and we had a nice little chat. Sometimes I feel as if I am having a Monologue conversation, as it takes me so long to say anything, so I ramble. To say my life is "complex or complicated," is a tragic understatement. My life...well...is my life...with a lot of wear and tear, frustration, and many tearful conversations with Abba. He is so into our lives, and He's never too busy to listen or, if we allow Him, give us His opinion about things. He's a great Abba, Father, and I love Him, as much as any human being knows how to love anyone, especially a Holy God.

I wish I had some spiritual wisdom to impart to my followers who are going through shaking, pruning, uncertainties, and other spiritual challenges, but when things become more chaotic and affects everyone, then that place must be doing something right for mankind. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment