Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Day 112 - All Praise to Our God and King - Hallelujah!


Praise Your name, O God!

"Since we fight for the liberty to worship,
should we not make more use of that liberty?"
Our Daily Walk Bible - April 21


Solomon has at long last completed the tremendous undertaking of building the Temple of the Lord as his father, David, had longed to do himself. Following in his father David's example Solomon humbly kneels "with hands outstretched to heaven," and offers a prayer of praise and dedication to God. With these words he prays,

"O Lord, you have said that you would live in a thick cloud of darkness. Now I have built a glorious Temple for you, a place where you can live forever!" Then the king turned around to the entire community of Israel standing before him and gave this blessing: "Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, who has kept the promise he made to my father, David. For he told my father, 'From the day I brought my people out of the land of Egypt, I have never chosen a city among any of the tribes of Israel as the place where a Temple should be built to honor my name. Nor have I chosen a king to lead my people Israel. But now I have chosen Jerusalem as the place for my name to be honored, and I have chosen David to be king over my people Israel.'"  (2 Chronicles 6:1-6)

"If your people go out where you send them to fight their enemies,, and if they pray to you by turning toward this city you have chosen and toward this Temple I have built to honor your name, then hear their prayers from heaven and uphold their cause. If they sin against you - and who has never sinned? - you might become angry with them and let their enemies conquer them and take them captive to a foreign land far away or near. But in that land of exile, they might turn to you in repentance and pray 'We have sinned, done evil and acted wickedly.' If they turn to you with their whole heart and soul in the land of their captivity and pray toward the land you gave to their ancestors - toward this city you have chosen, and toward this Temple I have built to honor your name - then hear their prayers and their petitions from heaven where you live, and uphold their cause. Forgive  your people who have sinned against you. O my God, may your eyes be open and your ears attentive to all the prayers made to you in this place."  (2 Chronicles 6:34-46)

After the dedication of the Temple and the prayers of thanksgiving and praise, God later appeared to Solomon one night and said,

"I have heard your prayer and have chosen this Temple as the place for making sacrifices. At times I might shut up the heavens so that no rain falls, or command grasshoppers to devour your crops, or send plagues among you. Then, if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land." (2 Chronicles 7:12-14)

Today in our most desperate time in this nation we cry out to God for solutions, wisdom and guidance, peace and harmony among all people, and healing for our land. But how many of us pray for forgiveness for the part we play in the devastation, and how many kneel before our God offering prayers of repentance for our nation, of which we are a part? The sin does not solely reside in Washington DC or in the capitals of this vast world.  It concerns each one of us who call ourselves children of God. Just in those days of captivity we are called to prayer for our nation and our world. We are called to humbly approach the throne of grace and mercy, seeking forgiveness, asking for restoration in our lives and in the life of our nation, a nation called "a nation under God." 

The Word of God is as true today as it was in the days of old, and as His followers we need to hear the words of the Lord spoken to Solomon in response to his prayer. We have been engrafted into the Vine, and we are His, a chosen people, a royal priesthood. Not only do we seek forgiveness, but we should be offering prayers of praise, worshipping His Holy Name, thanking Him for ALL He has done for us.

Look around yourselves, what do you see? What is our response to the crime, the atrocities, the obscene lifestyles, and the abuse, neglect, and abandonment of our own families? Who are we kidding when we think anything is permissible, because God will forgive us? Do we think God doesn't see? Do you think He is beyond feelings? Do you think it doesn't break His heart?  Well it does! I cannot tell you how many times I have broken my BEST FRIEND's heart. And that breaks my own heart, because my one desire in my life is to serve Him, praise Him, and bring honor and glory to His name.  I don't desire riches or fame.  I am His, and that is more than I could ever ask for or deserve.

Please, people of God, rather than trying to help God by thinking up ways on your own to build your own church, build your own prosperity, educate your children to follow your dreams, first consider humbling yourselves before God, as is our freedom, right, and privilege, and seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, then all these thing will be given unto you. He will show you the path in which you are to go. He will open the doors of opportunity. And if we humbly repent of our sins of omission, desiring only that "thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven, then we will hear from God.

As an intercessor my heart is breaking for what breaks His. If He can use me after all I have done to dishonor Him in my life, He can do great and mighty things in yours. We all sin and fall short of His glory every day, unconsciously. I am just a little more aware of it and the nudging of Holy Spirit, my gentle Reminder and Comforter. I want to see our land healed, but it takes all of us, and the very first response is prayer, praise, and worship. 

I was reminded in my reading today that there is one thing God desires from us that He is incapable of providing for Himself. He wants our praise, our response of gratitude and worship for the goodness and blessings He has provided. We all want to be appreciated, and God should be the first One who receives our appreciation, our gratitude and thanksgivings of praise. He longs for your love today. It is my prayer that we will all stop and reflect on these words offered in praise by King David,

"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. Sing to him; yes, sing his praises. Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds. Exult in his holy name; rejoice, you who worship the Lord. Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek Him." (1 Chronicles 16:8-11)

"He is the Lord our God. His justice is seen throughout the land. Remember his covernant forever - the commitment he made to a thousand generations." (1 Chronicles 16:14-15)

"Let the whole earth sing to the Lord! Each day prolaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise!" (1 Chronicles 16:23:25)

"O nations of the world, recognize the Lord, recognize that the Lord is glorious and strong. Give to the Lord the glory he deserves! Bring  your offering and come into his presence. Worship the Lord in all his holy splendor. Let all the earth tremble before him. The world stands firm and cannot be shaken. Let the heavens be glad, and the earth rejoice! Tell all the nations, 'The Lord reigns!'" (1 Chronicles 16:28-31)

chronicles 7 14

 

No comments:

Post a Comment