Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 98 - Yet Again

"Though you may ask God to do something for you,
He generally wants to do something in you."
Our Daily Walk Bible


As I was beginning my journey into 2 Kings and the life of Elisha the prophet who, as you may remember, received a double portion of Elijah's anointing. In the little commentary of the daily reading I am reminded that God does the impossible, and there is nothing that is too difficult for Him. Instances of God asking, "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" are listed from Genesis, 2 Kings, Jeremiah, and Luke. And the same is true of today, as many of us can testify to some great reminders from the Lord with regards to our own lives.

I was chewing on the above quotation from this Bible, and in light of my day-to-day adventures into the ridiculous land of repetition and demands, I am reminded of His words, "Trust Me." I know He's trying to perfect me, but isn't this a wee too much, Lord? Imagine what will happen when I finally take my eyes off my circumstances and get them fixed on the Lord.  Then I really will be in hog heaven.

God only asks for our obedience, our faith, our trust; if we are wavering, giving into the ways things appear, reacting to circumstances beyond our control, can we really say we are trusting God? The answer would be no. 

Faith, Fire and Fervency.

No comments:

Post a Comment