Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 95 - Uniquely Special


 ... Bible Verses, Jesus Christ , daily inspirational quotes with images

Today is a great reminder of how much Jesus loves us, as we celebrate His resurrection. Voices sing, "He's alive for ever more, amen!" Each year churches are filled with people who make church attendance a priority on this day. It's always wonderful to see special friends. What most fail to understand is that every day should be celebrated as Easter and each day celebrated as Christmas. He paid the price for each of us, so I want to say, thank You, Jesus, for loving me, dying for me and giving me life eternal.

I admit that holidays are sad for me, because I so want my life to be as it was growing up with family, or at the very least, I want to be remembered by my children. But I need to put that aside and just focus on the people who do remember me not only on holidays but every day. The greatest praise is to God, because He remembers us every day, and each day brings new mercies.

Spring is the season of renewed promise, hope for tomorrow, and seeds of change are being planted daily as we reach out and touch our hurting world. It's a time to focus on opportunities to spread the Good News and reach out to someone who is struggling in their faith. We can be living proof that God is love to a hurting world, no matter where we are planted!  All we need is the willingness to accept His promise and spread the news.  That's not so hard.

I've been watching Hallmark movies this afternoon, and one in particular was very touching, Riding the Bus with my Sister, about a big city photographer who has a sister who is mentally challenged. The sisters are now grown, and their father who had been taking care of the sister died unexpectedly. The story line follows the changing relationship of the photographer and her sister, Beth. Sometimes family members can be unkind, impatient, and distant when they don't understand or want to understand. Each person is unique, and we each have the freedom to make our own choices, the ones we feel are best for our quality of life. That can be difficult when the choices are not the best, in our opinions, but then, it is their right to decide for ourselves, and it should be respected. 

Even those who may not be on the same intellectual level as ourselves understand when they are being judged, ridiculed or misunderstood. There are many narrow minded people who only think they are right, but this simply is not true. I am learning much about people's choices, especially my own, and the consequences of certain actions. I have also been on the receiving end of judgments, and it's not easy sometimes to turn the other cheek. Still I'm finally getting to the place where I pity people who cannot see past their own presumptions, as they are missing out on some pretty huge blessings. Life is precious, as is the gift of time, and I pray that time won't run out for my family and for those who are waiting for things to change and life to be cherished.


No comments:

Post a Comment