Monday, April 27, 2015

Day 117 - Contentment

"Tomorrow's joy is fathered by today's acceptance.
Acceptance of what, at least for the moment, 
you cannot alter."
Max Lucado God Came Near

 I  have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
Philippians 4:11

I don't always post a "name" or "category" for my daily gratitude, as I believe by reading one can surmise my intention. Yet, I am learning, about myself at least, that it is not the case for everyone. I have been struggling again with pain. Ironically, this accident occurred in the same month as my fall and subsequent fracture last year. Perhaps God is trying to tell me something. Nonetheless, God is using me still, regardless of the fact that it is difficult to move. Kind of amusing because I have to drive many miles weekly, requiring I get into and out of a vehicle. Even therapy is a bit uncomfortable, to say the least, and I feel worse after the "fix." But, things could be worse.

Today was an uneventful day, but it was not necessarily as productive as I had hoped. Even though I was in the home office all day, it seems I can never quite make a dent in the pile of papers I have to process.  Oh well, life goes on, even for the perfectionist. Tomorrow I go off to yet another meeting, a four hour round trip for an hour and a half meeting. So much for making a dent tomorrow. Still I am going to ride with a friend, so that apart, hopefully, will be relaxing and introspective, as we ride over the river and through the woods to our destination.

So thank You, Lord for the little distractions in life, whether it be viewing your wonderful world through a car window or riding over hills and dales. 

fav 0 rate 0 tweet 1920x1200 nature forest mountain tree road ...

No comments:

Post a Comment