Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Day 91 - Killing me Softly

 Aaaaww.. Kili and Tauriel

I have experienced way too much death today.  Death in the making. Death in the taking. Death in the waking.

My day begins recounting yesterday's events, my previous blog, putting it all together, because I was so exhausted by it last night. It's much like an after shock.  Slips up slowly with a rattle and a storm. Dismissing the reaction to the day after the blog is penned and posted, I get myself together to start off on a late afternoon exertion to the post office, then on to the nursing home, encountering more death.

I don't think I will ever get used to the sound or sight of a person dying, lying there, breathing rapidly through the open mouth. I've been called to the bedside of more than one person, as they've been slipping away. I sat with my mother as she breathed her last, yet it was different, and for that I will always thank God. I felt my little mama's spirit swish past me, God's assurance that she was off and away with Him. Blessed assurance. Not so with others although I prayed the journey would take the same destination home.

So I come home once more so exhausted, so I decide to watch my beloved Hobbit movie.  The final chapter had arrived at the post, so I popped it into the DVD player and settled myself for the grand finale.  I already saw it at the movies, but I can never get enough of this wonderful yarn, especially scenes between Kili and Tauriel. Great near romances seldom end as I would hope, and this one really broke my heart. It's like star crossed lovers. Yet, I always hope, and I always dream. Perhaps I'll just have to write my own version of a great love story that ends as it should, in the spirit of Pride and Prejudice. Jane Austin said all her characters "after a bit of trouble" always get what they want.

That's a nice thought about life. After a bit of trouble, we get our happy ending. Sometimes I think that is impossible for some of us, well, specifically for myself. I tend to live my life better through the heroes and heroines that authors connive. As for my own life it tends to weave it's own intricate design.

As I drift off to sleep tonight I want the last thought I have, the last music that lulls my weary mind to sleep is one of eternal love carried on wings of prayer as I fade away softly into the arms of my one true love.

Tauriel/Kili by artphilia247

No comments:

Post a Comment