9/5/2026
"If you look at the world, you'll be distressed.
If you look within, you'll be depressed.
If you look at God, you'll be at rest."
Corrie ten Boom
Our world is changing, and even though the signs are obvious, and have been for some time, many fail to see or simply do not want to pay attention. Nothing has really changed as this type of behavior - the inability to want to see - has existed for a very long while. Dietrich Bonhoeffer knew about this condition of man, as did Corrie ten Boom. I have been speaking out about it for a very long time, but my words falls on deaf ears as well. I guess it's easier to believe someone who claims that heaven is made of mountains of jello or pudding or some other nonsense. But that is simply not true. I do want to inform visitors to my page what the Bible says about certain Biblical events and educate. I'm not distressed or worried, because I know that nothing is a surprise to God. In fact God mentions all these things in His Word which I guess no one studied in seminaries or taught in church. It makes me very sad, because I know that situations presently going on in this world are not pleasing to Him and the disobedience and disbelief of man breaks His heart.
I have admitted before that there have been times when I simply do not know how to pray, so I cry out to the Lord, and I weep over our nation that is turning its back on God. We have a President and his administration who have been trying very hard to turn things back around, re-claiming America as One Nation Under God while many mocked him, and churches remained silent. Without repentance change cannot come. This is the reason revivals do not tarry after the initial days have ended, and life eventually picks back up where it was before.
When King David sinned against God by taking a census to number the people, God offered him three choices in judgment. David chose to face the Lord's punishment rather than fall into man's hands. The prophet Gad told David to do the following:
"And Gad came that day to David and said to him, 'Get up, erect an altar to the LORD on the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.' So David, according to the word of Gad, went up as the LORD commanded. Now Araunah looked, and saw the king and his servants coming toward him. So Araunah went out and bowed before the king with his face to the ground. Then Araunah said, 'Why has my lord the king come to his servant?' And David said, 'To buy the threshing floor from you, to build an altar to the LORD, that the plague may be withdrawn from the people.' Now Araunah said to David, 'Let my lord the king take and offer up whatever seems good to him. Look, here are oxen for burnt sacrifice, and threshing implements and the yokes of the oxen for wood. All these, O king, Araunah has given to the king.' And Araunah said to the king, 'May the LORD your God accept you.' Then the king said to Araunah, 'No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price; nor will I offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God with that which costs me nothing.' So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver. And David built there an altar to the LORD, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. So the LORD heeded the prayers for the land, and the plague was withdrawn from Israel" (2 Samuel 24:18-25).
David understood the seriousness of his sin which brought the judgment of God on the people. And David also knew that he could not give something to the Lord that did not cost him. He had to surrender himself into God's hands and trust Him. He came to God with a repentant heart, recognizing his failure in verse 17 of the same Chapter: "Then David spoke to the LORD when he saw the angel who was striking the people, and said, 'Surely I have sinned, and I have done wickedly; but these sheep, what have they done? Let Your hand, I pray, be against me and against my father's house.'"
The sins of our nation are so many, and we have allow darkness to come into our country destroying the freedom that God gave this country when our nation was established. We have allowed wickedness to come into our government, our cities, our schools, our borders, and the consequences are now becoming very obvious, yet still no one dares to speak up. And when there is silence, one becomes complicit with the sin.
Repentance begins in each heart, then it becomes corporate. This weekend we remember 9/11 that will forever be etched in the mind and written on my heart as a heavy price our nation paid with the loss of so many precious, innocent lives. What have we learned?!
I am tired, and I do not understand what has happened to men and women who claim to know and love the Lord Jesus. What would men like George Whitefield, John Wesley, Jonathan Edwards, or Rees Howells think of the condition of men's hearts? How much more has to happen for the church to wake up?
I won't give up or in. I will continue to stand the watch.
"My helpless friend, your helplessness is the most powerful plea which rises up
to the tender father-heart of God. You think that everything is closed to you because
you cannot pray. My friend, your helplessness is the very essence of prayer."
O. Hallesby
No comments:
Post a Comment