
9/22/2026
"If only I touch the hem of His garment
I shall be whole."
Matthew 9:21
I always look forward to Tuesdays, because it's the day I join the Worship Watch from Kehilat HaCarmel in Israel first thing in the morning, shortly after I rise. It is just as the words imply watchmen or intercessors joining together for prayer and worship for Israel and for the nations. Yesterday we observed Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, a day of prayer, fasting, repentance, and deep humiliation and self-examination. Even secular Jews sought the Lord in gratitude, seeking in their own way to honor God. It is the only day where all of Israel shuts down for the day. If only other nations felt this deeply about setting things right with God and their fellow man.
When God gave the first command to Moses it was to honor the Sabbath day to keep it holy as a continual practice, generation after generation. God intended for this day to be a day of rest from our labor, a time to honor Him. Christians observe Sunday as their day of worship, yet we haven't quite gotten down the idea of a total separation from the world on this day as God intended. We fail to understand the significance of keeping the Sabbath day holy. Since I was raised as a Christian I have always attended church on Sundays, but for several years now I have been a Saturday and a Sunday Christian. I love my Jewish brothers and sisters in Christ, so it is so natural for me to begin my Sabbath on Fridays at sundown, as my Israeli friends do.
I admit that I'm having trouble understanding why there is so much hatred and division in the world regarding the nation of Israel, the Jewish diaspora, and those who love and support Israel, like myself. We are called Zionists. Zion is where Messiah will one day rule and reign, where He will establish His kingdom, so I don't mind the name. And I do understand from the Biblical perspective and the prophets' words, as well as those of Jesus Himself, regarding the rise in antisemitism (now it is just called anti-zionism) as I follow the prophetic timelines in the Bible. I understand that the devil is actively involved in destroying anyone he can, which is obvious from all the savagery and horrendous murders in Africa and other parts of the world, aimed at Christians, not just our Jewish brethren. It is now becoming a focus in America and in the Western countries. Satan knows that his time is getting very short, and he's been planting his tares for centuries into unsuspecting nations, including the United States. What I do not understand is why people are falling into his trap. We say we love the Lord and want to walk in His ways, build the church, evangelize the world, yet our eyes are turned aside from the acutely obvious chaos, lies, and deception right under our noses. Things never begin overnight, and no one should be surprised when evil is being revealed, as that is what we ask God to do. In fact He says that nothing is hidden from Him (Luke 8:17; Luke 12:2-3; 1 Corinthians 4:5; Ecclesiastes 12:14; Amos 3:7; Proverbs 25:2).
If only we would take the time to sit at His feet and ponder His words of truth and life. When considering the Feasts of the Lord and the observance of them in this day by Messianic Jews or Christians who love the traditions of God, it is important to remember that these are God's appointed times - moedim. Just as with all of God's word and instruction, truth brings light and revelation, and He has a reason for everything He does and commands us to do. We are not under "law," but we honor His word as eternal and holy, as He is Holy. It would behoove us all to study the history of Israel to understand our Jewish Savior, Jesus Christ the Messiah. He changes not, and the Bible is the Word of God and a history of His chosen people, remembering that as born again believers in Jesus Christ we share in the covenant made with Abraham - joint heirs with Christ. That in itself should motivate anyone to study the family history. Because of our belief and acceptance we have been grafted in to the vine. That's amazing!! (Romans 9-11; Ephesians 1-2). And as we read the Word of God, it only gets richer and richer, as God is a covenant-keeping God. Gentiles just need to remember their place and purpose.
May we make a daily habit to sit at His feet and study His word in its entirety and learn of Him. Because of Jesus' death on the cross, we can now approach Him boldly in humility, touching the hem of His garment.
No comments:
Post a Comment