Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Day 251 Beholding Jesus

 

9/8/2026

"Think about the first time you ever saw Jesus. 

Think about your first encounter with the Christ. Robe

yourself in that moment. Resurrect the relief. Recall the purity.

Summon forth the passion. Can you remember?"

Max Lucado, Six Hours One Friday

 

As I'm writing this blog I'm listening to the re-play of this morning's worship watch with Kehilat HaCarmelenjoying the worship, the meditations, amazed at how God blends the events of our lives together with others. There is no distance in true friendship or fellowship as God enlarges our boundaries, and we are made one in Christ. Loving Him, seeking Him, gazing upon His face as we draw near to Him, He draws near to us.

In considering the question above, "Think about the first time you ever saw Jesus," I am wondering how many people have actually experienced His presence. I have shared my testimony many times, and each day of my life is a new encounter. I guard my quiet time with Jesus, but there are some times when I just want to spend the time sitting at His feet, locking out the world, putting aside the things I need to do, and just enjoy being with Him. He never leaves me, and I feel Him with me each moment, but abiding in our place of quietness, without interruptions, is like heaven to me. At least as much as I can understand of what heaven truly is with my finite imagination. That's the beauty of childlike wonder. He called me as a child, so I must continue to behold Him as such, while growing and maturing in my faith and in the depth of His Word so I can share with others. The fragrance of His love and presence.

With everything happening yesterday I did not read my Weekly Worship from my Daily Walk Bible until this morning. I've just completed my study of Hosea and Joel, and today I began the book of Amos, all heavy duty calls to repentance, so it's good and welcomed to have a sweet interlude with worship from the psalms before continuing on with Amos. I find it interesting how the scriptures line up with warnings and calls to repentance as we approach the high holy days and the 10 Days of Awe that come as we count from Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement to the Feast of Tabernacles. These are days of fasting, prayer and repentance. This year the 10 days begin on 9/11 which is the day in 2001 when America was invaded by Islamic terrorists, causing many deaths and massive destruction to life and property. It was a catastrophic event that changed our nation, yet there are those who consider themselves American citizens, but they do not honor this day or those who died so savagely. It is well that we pray during this time, repenting as a nation who has removed God as our Sovereign. That is another reason that we rest every seven days between readings to reflect on the love of God and His faithfulness to an ungrateful nation, yet cry out to Him for mercy in our great time of need.

Psalm 93 is short and powerful:

"Jehovah is King! He is robed in majesty and strength. The world is his throne. O Lord, you have reigned from prehistoric times, from the everlasting past. The mighty oceans thunder your praise. You are mightier than all the breakers pounding on the seashores of the world! Your royal decrees cannot be changed. Holiness is forever he keynote of your reign."

Our confidence should always be in Him and Him alone. We should never allow the enemy of our souls to bring in negativity and accusations in an attempt to rob us of our peace and joy. Yet many times we fall into the trap, as he weaves such a pretty snare. Do not allow yourself to entertain his lies and deceptions, and always think on things that are good and pure. Let us worship Him in the beauty of His holiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment