Thursday, September 17, 2026

Day 259 Living a "Good Life"

This may contain: three children jumping in the air with hats on their heads and one boy wearing a straw hat 

9/16/2026

"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, 

by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom."  

James 3:13

 

I'm trying very hard to have a relaxing day. Rather than cut grass I decided I'd vacuum my house instead. The weather has been cooler, but sometimes I tend to neglect the inside of the house and focus on the weeds and bushes. Thankfully, the weather is changing, so perhaps I can begin indoors projects. And who knows, maybe I'll be more inspired or prepared to tackle the task of putting "the story" together in book form. Honestly, there's so much that needs to be done that I get tired thinking about it, but I'm sure I'll get there.

My sister texted me today saying she'd found some shops of interest in the area we visited yesterday, so we may very well be headed back to the historic sites very soon. We are after all granddaughters of our papa who loved to just take off and go riding! I really miss the spontaneity of doing things, but I haven't had anyone who was able to take off and go when the wind blew southerly. Someone recently accused me of being a "free spirit," but although I do like to be spontaneous, my life is not so much free to be "me" but more free to be "His." Honestly though, I love being His, and I love being in His service. I don't think that hinders my ability to be spontaneous, but sometimes I do have to separate myself, and that's okay. The people who are close to me understand my life. I may get accused of being crazy, but that's okay, too. I am a bit!

Tonight I tuned into Marty MacAlmon's Hour with Jesus, a time I look forward to spending sitting quietly in His presence, listening to old songs, hymns, and requests from the other "family" attendees, like me. As I've shared before, I connected with Marty through Integrity Music, and I love hearing the songs we used to sing back in the day. Now he's on his own, but those days and the songs are precious to him. There are some things that remain the same with some small adjustments to the technology changes. I hope one day I'll get to meet him officially - face to face - but I'm glad all of us YouTube family members can tune in once a week for a live visit...of sorts. There are many benefits to technology, but we must be careful.

My day didn't end on as good a note as I would have liked, but I put the matter into God's capable hands and tried to enjoy the rest of my evening. Sometimes things need to be said...or done...in order to limit stress that wreaks havoc on our health - mental, emotional, physical, and even spiritual when someone is twisting scriptures to make them "fit" in order to continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. Today I read the following: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over yet expecting a different result." This is the garbage some counselors are feeding their clients. I don't understand that! How can digging up garbage over and over keep the stink away? Especially when fresh garbage is heaped on it?! I'm glad that I'm not a counselor, or at least not one who doesn't trust God enough to allow Him to make all things new, once there's repentance and forgiveness. Maybe the Bible is too straight forward?! Naw! I trust God every time - He said He's the same yesterday, today, and forever! He's also the one who no longer remembers our sins once we accept his grace through belief in Jesus Christ, our Savior, Lord, and our soon-coming King! That seals the deal for me! Ya can't change perfection, and His ways are perfect! Embrace Truth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment