9/17/2026
“Let the victors, when they come,
When the forts of folly fall,
Find thy body by the wall!”
On September 17, 1787 delegates of the Constitutional Convention met in Philadelphia to ratify the United States Constitution. Thirty-nine members signed the Constitution on that day, but it did not become binding until it was ratified on June 21, 1788 when New Hampshire became the 9th state to ratify it. The first state to sign was Delaware. That much I remembered! The rest I must admit I had to check my history with Wallbuilders a great resource for accurate historical facts. They even have fun activities to make it fun to test your knowledge of the facts about events in history. I recommend it highly.
It's hard to believe that there are leaders and people in the background who want to destroy the rights and privileges that our founding fathers so carefully considered when forming the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and others articles and documents designed to protect our freedoms. I have heard it proclaimed boldly that they want to destroy America. How can this be that those who have been voted into office do not support their own country? And I find it even more incredulous that the Church is silent on this matter. The Church prays for revival, become all excited, but then they turn their backs on Judeo-Christian values. The want to include everyone, love everyone, and so does God, but when He says "this is the way walk ye in it," I obey.
I've been studying the book of Micah this week, and I find it interesting that the passage for today is the answer from God that Israel did not want to hear, and it is probably the one America does not want to hear. Still, God in His mercy and grace, restores when the disobedient repent and ask for mercy and help in time of need. The passages found in Micah 6 sound so much like what is going on in America today as God pleads with His people Israel prior to their destruction and exile in Assyria:
"Listen to what the Lord is saying to His people: 'Stand up and state your case against Me. Let the mountains and hills be called to witness your complaint. And now, O mountains, listen to the Lord's complaint! For He has a case against His people Israel! He will prosecute them to the full. O my people, what have I done that makes you turn away from Me? Tell Me why your patience is exhausted! Answer Me! For I brought you out of Egypt, and cut your chains of slavery. I gave you Moses, Aaron, and Miriam to help you. Don't you remember, O My people, how Balak, king of Moab, tried to destroy you through the curse of Balaam, son of Beor, but I made him bless you instead? That is the kindness I showed you again and again. Have you no memory at all of what happened at Acacia and Gilgal, and how I blessed you there?'" (Micah 6:1-5)
The Creator of the universe and all that lies within, including all human beings, is asking the nation of Israel how He failed them! There are so many times throughout the history of the United States when God's hand of mercy and grace have been upon us, has spared us greater harm, and how He has fought battles on our behalf. Yet, we have written Him off, cast Him aside, and are trying to take every visage of His memory from our nation and offer it up to those who mean us harm. Like Balak the kind of Moab who hired Balaam to curse Israel, we have done the same. God will always protect His people which includes born again believers in Christ, as we follow Him. But our leaders have chosen the abhorrent ways of evil men, and so many innocent people are following them as sheep to the slaughter. Unbelievable! and shameful.
The scripture continues:
"How can we make up to You for what we've done?" you ask "Shall we bow before the Lord with offerings of yearling calves?" 'Oh no! For if you offered Him thousands of rams and ten thousands of rivers of olive oil - would that please Him? Would He be satisfied? If you sacrificed your oldest child, would that make Him glad? Then would He forgive your sins? Of course not! No, He has told you what He wants, and this is all it is: to be fair and just and merciful, and to walk humbly with your God. The Lord's voice calls out to Jerusalem - listen to the Lord if you are wise! The armies of destruction are coming; the Lord is sending them.'" (Micah 6:6-9)
There comes a time when the Lord who is patient and longsuffering, who wants all men saved, says "Enough!" And that time is coming for America, just as it did so very long ago for Israel. But just as He punished His people double for all their sins, He said He would restore them to their inheritance, and He has kept His promise.
The admonishment continues in Chapter 6:
"Therefore I will wound you! I will make your hearts miserable for all your sins. You will eat but never have enough; hunger pangs and emptiness will still remain. And though you try and try to save your money, it will come to nothing at the end, and what little you succeed in storing up I'll give to those who conquer you! You will plant crops but not harvest them; you will press out the oil from the olives, and not get enough to anoint yourself! You will trample the grapes, but get no juice to make your wine. The only commands you keep are those of Omri; the only example you follow is that of Ahab! Therefore I will make an awesome example of you - I will destroy you. I will make you the laughingstock of the world; all who see you will snicker and sneer!"
"Woe is me! It is as hard to find an honest man as grapes and figs when harvest days are over! Not a cluster to eat, not a single early fig, however much I long for it! The good men have disappeared from the earth; not one fairminded man is left. They are all murderers, turning against even their own brothers. They go at their evil deeds with both hands, and they are skilled at using them! The governor and judge alike demand bribes. The rich man pays them off and tells them whom to ruin. Justice is twisted between them. Even the best of them are prickly as briars; the straightest is more crooked than a hedge of thorns. But your judgment day is coming swiftly; your time of punishment is almost here; confusion, destruction, and terror will be yours." Micah 7:1-4)
They are told to trust no one, not even those of their own household, because as God says here, and Jesus repeated the same words, a son will turn on his father and a daughter on her mother. In this passage it warns that a wife will turn on her husband and her own mother-in-law. Enemies will be under his own roof!
But God! He is always faithful to restore those who are truly repentant, those who turn back to Him and live for Him, walk in His ways. Again the choice is ours, as it was with Israel. And America's fate is deeply tied to that of Israel. We must continue to stand with Israel and protect and defend her right to exist. God said so!
No comments:
Post a Comment