
9/14/2026
"Watch your motive before God;
have no other motive in prayer than to know Him."
Oswald Chambers
"I count all things but loss for the excellency of the
knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord."
Philippians 3:8
Once more it's late, as I puzzle over the troubles of this day, not knowing what to say, or if I can even pen the words I feel. I should be focusing on group prayer points, but all I seem to be able to do is sigh heavily when I consider the weight of the situations facing our nation. When I begin to consider the wrongs being committed all over the world, it makes me want to mentally and emotionally escape, as if I could. I only ask for a brief hiatus from this sinful world, but a watchman stands his/her post, poised and alert. We do not have the luxury of taking a day off or going on an actual vacation. We're not gods or super-humans, we are just committed to the call and to our King. We cannot turn a blind eye or deaf ear, we remain focused and ready. With George Whitefield we cry "Arise, O sleeper!"
"Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you" (Ephesians 5:14).
YouTube did me a favor. A couple of days ago I was trying to find a song for my personal worship, and I saw a "mix" put together by YouTube of songs I'd frequently listened to in the past. The songs were all ones I love, the ones I have used for worship so often, but in attempting to avoid interruptions from often disgusting ads, I have been listening to live, uninterrupted music daily. I was shocked that YouTube considered my needs!! Sure, right?! I thanked God, because I know He made the mix, not an algorithm based on my likes. When I can't pray, I sing:
"There is one found worthy, the lion of the tribe of Judah. There is one found worthy, the root of David. And God You became a man, You took on flesh. You're so beautiful. Oh, and God You became a man, You took on flesh. You're so beautiful."
In the song, the lyrics are repeated over and over as men and women, old and young, of all tribes and nations gather together to worship our God and King. Song after song plays leading deeper into worship, drawing closer to the Lord. All that matters is Him.
"When prayer is a struggle, do not worry about the prayers that you cannot pray. You yourself are a prayer to God at that moment. All that is within you cries out to Him. And He hears all the pleas that your suffering soul and body are making to Him with groanings which cannot be uttered." (O. Hallesby)
My days are involved with meetings and personal concerns that felt the need to slip away. Just briefly, turning my attention away from news and prayer points, and other things too many for one person to know. But when I prayed and often sang, knowingly setting my desires in motion, my heart learned to break for what breaks Gods, and I cannot turn away or unsee what I see so well. It is a joy to be able to be a part although I feel I fail Him so much and accomplish so little.
This song has carried me for days, and I leave it with my readers. It is The Lord our God:
If we rushed, we'd hurry past
Our feeble minds can't comprehend
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God"
"If we tried our very best
To paint with words that all make sense
It would fall short compared to this
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God"
"The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God"
"Now behold The great I Am
Bow before The Lord our God
Now behold The great I Am
Bow before The Lord our God
Now behold The great I Am
Bow before The Lord our God"
"The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God"
And bore the weight of sin and death
The one who took on human flesh
Who was before the world began
Who was and will be till the end
The God that no one can contend"
"The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God"
"Now behold The great I Am
Bow before The Lord our God
Now behold The great I Am
Bow before The Lord our God
Now behold The great I Am
Bow before The Lord our God"
"The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God
The Lord our God, The Lord our God"
No comments:
Post a Comment