Thursday, September 10, 2026

Day 252 Choose

 Story pin image

9/9/2026

"Your destiny is determined by choice,

not by chance."

Your Daily Walk

 

I must say that I never thought my nice, quiet weekend would turn into a series of unfortunate circumstances, as it has this week. But in reality every thing that is happening has been orchestrated by God, and quite honestly, I can hardly wait to see what He's going to do next. While I am still not certain why I am here when all the action is happening in New Mexico, I am patient, and I know there's more to come. I do have the emotional support of my younger son, although at times it is a struggle for him with all the medications he takes working against his body. But this has allowed me to rekindle my desire to gain more education in my field of research. It seems as if every researcher must be reading my notes, as more and more I am discovering that scientists are talking about oxidative stress and are paying attention to the function of the mitochondria which is the power house of the cell. I would think that since the cell's function is the first place to start for any study or diagnosis, this point would be obvious. But no! I feel honored that God showed me one more thing that medicine didn't yet have a grasp on.

Aside from all of that important stuff, my story began last week when I reconnected with a friend who's been going through a rough patch, and I had not heard from him since January 2019. He had called me one day, gave me the name of his friend, and then he literally dropped off the grid. Recently he's been heavy on my heart, so I reached out through the friend, and we have been in contact since. The story is long, but the victory is that he said my email arrived at just the right time. I am beginning to know how much of a "God thing" that statement was! His timing is always perfect. Now he's back functioning in his God-given purpose as a Chaplain.

Then the incident with my close friend's husband being hospitalized for a stroke happened, and I reached out to my Chaplain friend. He went over to see them, and so both were blessed by the connection. He also went over to another hospital to see my other friend's husband. I have yet to hear about that visit. God does nothing by happenstance.

The real miracle of this story, other than the miracle of my friend's husband being able to communicate with his family and be responsive, is how I came to meet everyone involved in the first place. God has a way of taking us on the path we were meant to be on when we just let go and surrender. That took divorce, more than one, in my case, and as hard as that has been, it has been for my making. When I reconnected with the work force I did not even consider working in the lab or hospital, I went my creative route, and it was a time I will always cherish. My esteem was so low that I applied for a housekeeper's position at a hotel, so I could do honest work but disappear from sight. Somehow the hotel manager felt I was the one for a hotel clerk's position. From there I went into hotel gift shop management, and I eventually ended up at a resort where I was a gift shop manager. 

Eventually, it was time to move on, so I applied for a caregiver job, as I'd done that previously - I have literally been a jack of all trades, and although the pay was not great, I gained skills and learned how to deal with all sorts of people with many attitudes and behaviors. If here was a problem, I was the one who handled it. This was during a time when I was an emotional basket case myself, yet God in His mercy used this donkey to get the job done. Once I had to quell the anger of a customer who had raw sewage come up from the toilet onto his beautiful, expensive cowboy boots while his wife was dealing with a back up drain in the shower. Somehow I managed - only by the grace of God. 

So when my exploits took me to an home health care agency to apply for a caregiver position, the manager talked to me about a supervisor's job. Short story, because my stories are always crazy, I got the job which eventually lead me into case management into another job, then on to care coordination/case management which is where I met all three of the above-mentioned friends. The interesting part of it is that I was in a job that I did not have the "credentials" for, but because of the experience I had gained in my merry-go-round experience, before and after divorce, the requirements were waived, and there I was. My career was not without "drama," because satan does not like me, but up until my retirement I had a very successful career, and was valued and my case documentation is still being used today. 

Had we not moved to New Mexico, out of God's timing, I remind you, many things would not have happened. And trust me, this is all surface of what God has taken me through, and it is continuing. I am amazed. God truly does take the foolish things of this world to confound the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27), and the things meant for evil can be turned for good when surrendered to God (Genesis 50:20, Romans 8:28). I am undone!

When word came about my friend's stroke I called my daughter who, although she has her own chronic illness and pain, immediately started warring in the Spirit. She was like a she bear robbed of her cubs. It was like "don't mess with my kids" type of attitude. Although she has never met my friends face to face, she was able to pray in the power of Holy Spirit. Now my prayer is that this same zealous prayer focus will be for herself, and she will be healed from her infirmities. I've lived with chronic pain from injuries and immune system challenges (unheard of in my era) since I was born, but I never knew about disability assistance, and when I was older, and it was recommended, I didn't cave in. I felt like others needed assistance, and I was fine. I wasn't, but it was my mindset, and keeping my eyes on the Healer and Source has been my deliverance. My daddy tried to get help for me, but nothing helped, so I just took it one day, one step, and even though there were some really hard days, I survived. I am an over-comer by the blood of the Lamb, the word of my testimony, and I love not my life to the death. It is a choice, and I chose to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment