
9/21/2026
"The best atmosphere for prayer is praise."
Daily Walk
This has been an usually long day, which is highly unusual as the days seem to fly by more quickly each day, especially as I become older. But then, that's the way I'm told it goes! Since we're observing Yom Kippur it has been an introspective day, just as most of my times with Jesus are. I am always checking the words I speak, the thoughts I have, and the things I do to make certain I have not said or done anything offensive to God or man. I try to be sensitive, but I admit that at times I become weary of foolishness, and I say what's on my mind. Still, there's a right and wrong way to do and say things, so we need to be considerate and walk in wisdom. This has been a better day for that!
I did receive a phone call and make two calls today, when my intention had been to avoid contact with anyone and just focus on prayers for Israel and our nation. But I felt it necessary to touch bases with two friends, one who recently lost her husband, and the other lady whom I'm told is getting rather frail and tender in years. Although my friend who lost her husband is attempting to remain busy and take care of many of the errands and things left undone by her husband, she is becoming weary, and she lacks the family support she so desperately needs. While she needs space and time to mourn, it is my prayer that she give herself time to grieve and rest, and I also pray that her family will be there to support and love her. I wish I could be there, but my family responsibilities are pressing, and unless things become dire for her, I must remain home. Still my heart aches for her, his children, and for friends, such as myself who wishes we could see our friend again. The good thing is that we will see him again, and for now he's enjoying walking his dog, Tiger, on heavenly footpaths, enjoying fellowship with Jesus. Now that's not so bad!
Another friend has been heavily on my mind, so I gave her a quick call to let her know she is always in my thoughts, and I wanted her to know that I miss her and not to give up on my visiting her again. She is 94 years young, and she is a widow, alone, and she thinks too much. She realizes that she has had a blessed life, one few of us is fortunate to have, as she was married a great many years to a wonderful man who adored her. She is blessed with a son who lives beside her, and since my son lives with me, I know that having them near is reassuring. Hopefully, I'll be able to see her too in the not too distant future, but we never know what tomorrow may bring.
Likewise I received a call from an old friend, one I'd been thinking about, wondering how he was and what he had been doing. We'd lost touch a number of years ago, and recently we reunited via email. It's always much better to connect by phone, as it is more personal and more thoughts and words can be shared. Emails and texts are one-sided at best. He's extremely intelligent, but he's like me, he prefers the older method of doing things before phones became so essential to life, or so it seems. I may have talked too long, but we had many years to cover. Although time marches on, good friends remain the same, and regardless of the years between, each visit is like just the other day. I'm not certain when we'll touch bases again, but at least I know he's well and hot on the trail of a way to make the world better with health care solutions that actually help rather than hinder or drag on.
As I think back over the teaching of today I remember the words from Zephaniah 3:14-17 which speaks of joy in God's faithfulness:
"Sing, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem! The LORD has taken away your judgments, He has cast out your enemy. The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; you shall see disaster no more. In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem: 'Do not fear; Zion, let not our hands be weak. The LORD your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.'"
I don't know about anyone else, but knowing that God rejoices over me with singing makes my heart sing with joy! So many times I feel isolated and alone, even though I am in constant touch with people, and I fellowship with other believers. The life I live has been more of a wilderness experience, but not in a bad sense of being punished, but rather for my growth and dependence on God as my Source of all good things. There is no one or nothing that could ever take His place. And we must pass through the valley to get to the mountain where there is fullness of joy!
Being available for others who are in need of emotional or physical support also brings laughter to my soul and a spring to my step. Although the spring in my step has been pretty clumsy of late, when I worship my spirit bursts forth in song and dancing before the Lord. I love to dance before the Lord and with Him. I can almost see His smile, and hear the laughter as we fellowship together.
"Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and out bodies washed with pure water." (Hebrews 10:22)
No comments:
Post a Comment