9/18/2026
Today is early voting in Virginia, and I have been encouraging everyone to vote, but first to study the facts concerning each candidate, so that one can vote intentionally and, hopefully, according to Biblical principles. We have so much for which to be grateful, even though things may not be as we would wish them to be in our nation today. But our sufficiency does not come from man. We look to God! And as Christians we do not fear man, we fear God. In the book of Proverbs we are told that "The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction" (Proverbs 1:7). God is a Holy God and as such we are to respect and reverence His Word. His Word guides us and provides everything we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3-4).
"...as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."
Recently I reconnected with an old friend, and in sharing with him about certain feelings and about my journey in life thus far, he made a comment that he never realized I was such a free spirit. I imagine in many ways I have been rather independent in many of my decisions, as I have sadly been divorced and abandoned three times. In the natural sense I really didn't have anyone else to lean on for support, so I had to set priorities. It was never my intention to be so - divorced, but when one does not seek the counsel of God in making important decisions in life, or when we feel bullied to do things a certain way, we face the consequences. In fact, whatever actions we take in life, whether resulting in good or bad, we face consequences. And others are always affected by our decisions, whether positively or negatively. Of one thing I am confident, however, in spite of wrongs done in my life, regardless of whether I made the mistakes or was a victim, I thank God for my life. He called me at an early age to follow Him, and even though I have not always been faithful, He has never left my side, nor His Spirit depart from me. He always keeps His Word, and He said that He would never leave us or abandon us. I wish more people would come to realize that truth. So I pray. And if my life is indeed free, it is free because of Jesus, because only He can set the captive free.
More and more each day people are beginning to pay attention and take note of the terrible things that are happening in our nation and our world today. There's not a day that I don't speak out about and against the lawlessness and sinfulness around us. I wish more people would wake up and pay attention to the signs of the times and change their lifestyles, including some in my own family and friends I love. I'm not certain when Christ will return, but each day as I read through my Daily Walk I see the writing on the proverbial wall. I often wonder how many people truly understand or are just waiting it out. I pray that the eyes of the blind will be opened to see the truth before it is too late. If we say we love God, why do we continue to act and live contrary to His laws? And if we say we love others, why are we so cruel and unkind? If we truly love our neighbor as ourselves we would tell them the truth in love - gently, compassionately, and urgently - so that they can live abundant lives, even when we have little. We are so ungrateful for what we do have, and we are selfish with those who need our help. Sometimes I think we don't really know the love of God, as we certainly do not behave as if we do. We complain about the economy, yet we accumulate more and more things, but it is never enough. It is concerning to me how quickly one will race to the store to purchase the newest and reported best iPhone, yet do not attend to the affairs of their homes, and in many instances steal what is truly needed from our families. I have noticed this so often when it comes to gambling and addictions. It is a sad thing to watch, and yet it happens in the most affluent of homes, even in those who attend church faithfully or hold leadership positions.
In closing I quote the words from the image above: "In a society that has you counting money, pounds, calories, and steps, be a rebel and count your blessings instead."
No comments:
Post a Comment