Saturday, February 7, 2015

Day 37 - Daring to Take a Leap of Faith




Friday at last! Actually, it is the wee hours of Saturday morning, so I guess I am late blogging, and late resting.  Just cannot seem to shut down for the night.  I think I worked a bit too late, then tried to do a few "household" things, so now I am wide awake.

I would describe my week as "over zealous" on the one hand and "just so" on the other hand.  I faced some touch challenges, surprising antidotes, but all in all it wasn't half bad.  To all who understand...I
finally breezed through all the "attestations," so I can breathe a little more easily.  So glad to get it done and behind me.

So, thank You, Father, for getting all of us successfully through our work weeks, for my friend's new job he landed, for giving us a wonderful weekend to enjoy with friends and family.

Sometimes it's scary to step out and make changes, so I applaud my friend in his choice to break away from the "known" to take a leap of faith in jumping into the great unknown. The new job is more lucrative, allows more flexibility, but it is maddening on so many levels.  I know, because he'll be doing the same thing I am! But knowing him, he'll be able to buckle down and proceed ahead without too much struggle, and if he finds himself rattled and uncertain he can always ask his ole buddy for help.  That's what friends are for, ya know!

True friends are always happy when someone else rejoices; we share sorrow when another is suffering.  We walk along side and encourage one another in good times and bad.  I feel so blessed to have so many friends walking beside me, whether it is in the natural, on the phone, in cards and letters, or in prayers.

I feel another "leap of faith" headed my way before too long.  Just biding my time until God says, "It's time."  Change is incredibly difficult for me, because I have had so many changes in my life, but as long as I know I am walking in God's will and His timing, I can face today and tomorrow!

What changes is God calling you to do? Remember it's never too late, and with God all things are possible! Just believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment