Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 58 - Choices

Life happens or so I hear.  So many cliches about handling the challenges in life. "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." Stuff like that. Good words, reassuring, purposeful and what not.  Life is full of cliches, conundrums, paradoxes, and ironies. Then there's truth, straight, honest, forthright, and precise. Personally I don't like to guess what a person is saying...or not saying. Be direct, and look me in the eyes.

I choose to shine. I choose to stand. I choose to forgive. I choose life.  I choose love.  I choose God.


In Philippians we are told to think on "the good, the pure, the lovely, the things of a good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things." We make a choice.  We choose to think God's way. That's all I want, all I ask for, all I dare to ask.  Simply put, I want what He wants for me, and so I wait, and I ask, seek, knock, listen, and feel the peace. Listening and waiting are what I do best. Thank You, Lord, for being patient with me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment