Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 57 - Abiding in Christ



I have always loved to dance, and I love to walk in the rain. A child never goes around a puddle, they happily jump into it or over it. I'm a puddle jumper and splasher.  Have been since I was a kid.  There's just something about letting go and splashing.  My younger son, Daniel, has always been like me. He never walked around a puddle, but he's slosh and dance on through.  Adventuresome spirit.

Another thing about me is that storms have never frightened me.  In fact I find it very restful in thunder, lightning, and storms.  To me it has a calming effect more so than it frightens me. Today the wind was blowing at an incredible speed, and although I know how dangerous that can be here where I live, I still find something exciting about the strength and force of wind.

I'm taking tomorrow off to help a a friend, and it feels so liberating to know I don't have to do anything. This is why I have decided to take a few days off and just rest and listen to what God's is saying to me in the midst of this great storm in my life.  I trust Him to show me the direction He would have me take.  Perhaps He'll send me away, or I may stay here. But I need to know.  People are always telling me to do what makes me happy, but I can honestly say that what makes me happy is knowing what makes Him happy. I just need to listen, and yes, Father, I need to trust.

 

Finding a quiet place where I can rest and listen is never difficult for me, because I have my special "hiding spots."  But this time may be a bit different, because I am pursuing a different type of answer. And I want to rest in whatever God decides for me to do. I always want to be confident, but these days I am not. I want to be content in whatever circumstance I find myself, but I am finding this is not the case with me. This I find distressing, as I want to be true to myself and to God. So what I most want in this life is to find a place where I can sleep, rest, dream and abide in Christ.

God has always been my strength, my shield, my strong arm and protector. I really do trust Him, but the storm has been raging so swiftly and continuously of late that I fear my eyes have focused more on the storm than Him. Please forgive me, My Love, for You ARE my refuge and strength. My only ambition is life is to be well-pleasing in His sight. I do not want to fail Him, again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment