Thursday, February 12, 2015

Day 43 - Thank You for Perspective


Today is Thursday, yet the hound of hell is nipping at my ankles still.  I'd think he'd be tired by now, but alas, he is a determined foe.  Defeated too!

To say my week has been bizarre would be an understatement of huge proportions. I didn't know so much persecution could come one's way in a few days.  But I am standing my ground. So glad that I put on the whole armor daily, as I don't think being without it is an option.

I am so thankful to God that my life does mean something to someone, and God in His grace and mercy allowed me to see an answer to prayer, actually more than one, this week in the midst of this ensuing storm.  I am truly blessed.

Tomorrow I am out and about in the mid-morning,  having a late lunch with friends, then going to a funeral. It will be a busy Friday night and Saturday afternoon of trying to play catch up, so I can begin to think about scheduling my vacation or my stay-cation.  Am really, seriously thinking about an extended leave, but it requires a passport, so that is yet one more thing I have got to make time to do.

Priorities. I had been doing so well. Setting boundaries, having time to do some things, yet  now I am falling back into the daily rut of working about 15 hours/day.  Not good, especially when it also includes a Saturday.  So hopefully I will have time to regroup and reconnect, then start off next week with a clean slate (yeah right!) and a fresh perspective (we'll see)! It's always good to set goals!

At least I am laughing again. Better than spending four days crying.

The death of my friend's daughter really hit me hard. Sometimes when we experience the death of a parent or child we have to continue to keep on keeping on, and we fail to mourn appropriately. We never get over anything, yet we learn to go forward.  In many respects I have been unable to do that, so when a tragedy happens, I remember.  So it has been difficult this week.  Still I am blogging, and I am grateful each day to God for His wonderful blessings of life, love, laughter, friends, and the list goes on.

All praise, honor and glory unto God. May we learn to encourage each other daily!



No comments:

Post a Comment