Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 40 - Praise in the Storm





"God wants us to lay our burdens on Him and rest in His love.
It's His responsibility to work out the purpose and plan in our
hardships. Only our refusal to trust Him...can hinder
His purposes in our lives."
Joni Eareckson Tada


Music is very soothing to me, and when my soul is disquieted I find great peace in listening to uplifting songs that restore joy to my troubled spirit. I enjoy singing, and I remember earlier days when my voice was not imprisoned within me. For several years now I have not been able to sing other than in the privacy of my home. Singing in church has always been a blessing and a release of the love and awe I have for my God and my Lord.  I thank Him for the gift and being allowed to share it for a season with others as a soloist. Perhaps once more I will be allowed that privilege, but until then I am encouraged to sing unattended.

This morning I awakened from a restful sleep, but my spirit was once more in turmoil from events of  yesterday. I do not feel a freedom to share the debt of pain in my soul or the reasons behind it at this writing except to say I have experienced a portion of the great sadness God must feel when His people do not honor His ways and teachings and continue to walk in disrespect and disregard. If it breaks my heart, it must certainly break His. My fervent prayer of late has been for Him to break my heart for what breaks His. Sometimes the depth of it is unbearable.

Although I continue to feel great sadness, I do feel a release in my spirit as I drift off into the world of dreams and song, remembering...

Thank You, Father for Your love, for this faith I have in your word and Your promise not only to me, but to all who trust You, truly trust You.  Regardless of what has happened, I will continue to place my steadfast faith in Your promises and not listen to the voices of the enemy who seeks only to discourage and abase.  I pray I can encourage others who are struggling to stand, so burdened down with grief.  Give me the words to speak, Father. Your words of comfort in this time of need. Show them you never fail, and Your way is truth and life.  Pour out Your Spirit on the hearts of those who seek You and search for You with their whole hearts. I will praise You in the midst of the storm.





No comments:

Post a Comment