Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 1 - A Year of Gratitude

In the Beginning God...!


As I begin 2015 I am beginning my annual "walk thru the Bible" with a newer version of The Daily Walk Bible. Basically it is similar to the previous version; however, the author of the previous version has gone on to glory, so this year I am gleaning the wisdom of another commentator. Daily insight and overviews are provided which provoke thought and stimulate growth, rather that is the plan!

I am not one for New Year Resolutions; however, I am purposing in my heart a healthy plan for cultivating character and maintaining my sanity.  This year my daily blog will be called A Year of Gratitude with subtitles within the body of the blog.  Providing insight from my "daily walk" and encouragement from my "daily read" my aim is to focus not on what is "seen" or "what happens" each day, but I hope to generate enthusiasm by choosing to "see" or "recognize" daily blessings for which to be thankful rather than to look at the negative or seemingly hopelessness of a situation. I travel almost daily, and I encounter various scenarios and complex circumstances, often heart wrenching, but I always try to leave behind hope, laughter, and light, even when my day hasn't been going so well.  A smile and kindness goes a long way, even to those who see no tangible light at the end of the tunnel. 

I can attest firsthand that life can be difficult, but I do believe that if we are truly who we say we are, believers in and disciples of Jesus Christ, and our aspiring purpose is to be transformed into His image, developing His character in our lives so that all may see His light through our eyes, then we can always find daily blessings.  So for the first day of my new blog, I leave you with these thoughts until tomorrow:


"But now thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:'Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I give Egypt as your ransom,
Cush and Seba in exchange for you.
Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
peoples in exchange for your life.
Fear not, for I am with you;
I will bring your offspring from the east,
and from the west I will gather you.
I will say to the north, Give up,
and to the south, Do not withhold;
bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the end of the earth,
everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made.'"

Isaiah 43:1-7
English Standard Version

"Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?

Isaiah 43:19
English Standard Version

"...The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."

John 10:10
English Standard Version


"Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD."

 
Psalm 150
King James Version




No comments:

Post a Comment