Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 21 - Snow at Last!

I absolutely love snow!  Today I was able to work from my home office while a blanket of snow covered the ground. Several inches of fresh powder have rested on my lawn, and I am so excited, anxious hoping tomorrow more will fall. I am so hoping to make a snowman.  I know it sounds a bit childish, but it's so fun!  Perhaps I'd have a friend or two join me.


Winter...by Carl Sams, II

When I was a young child I loved it when school was out because of snow, and I'd ride the bus to grammy's and papa's house.  My uncles and aunts, who were teenagers at the time, would be busy preparing for night sleigh rides.  I wanted to join in the fun, but, alas, I was too young to go sledding down hills in the night.  Besides who wants a kid around, right?  But I do remember an old sleigh my uncle Larry had, and he'd let me use it to play during the day.  Such great fun riding down the bank, then pulling it back up to do it all over again.  I don't think we ever are too old to sleigh ride, do you?


Do you remember doing this?

Lay down in the snow, move your arms and legs back and forth. Snow angels!  Photographic print by Kent Dufalt


I loved to hike in the woods when the snow was so deep it'd come up to my knees.  I had friends who loved to romp and play as much as I did like this snow bunny... 


                                           Winter                                  


and these snow buddies!

                                                                      
.
 
.

Imagine returning home after a long, hard day at the office to this home! Quite picturesque in it's white coat!  And the trees are perfect for climbing.  Isn't it a welcoming sight?!


♥ winter home


Although this is a beautiful sight, my dream home I have imagined for my retirement looks somewhat more idyllic...more rustic! My dreams are not grand by any stretch of the imagine. Just simple and adequate, surrounded by nature's grandeur.


Perfect winter white



I'd be tucked away, all warm and toasty by my wood stove enjoying a pleasant cup of hot cocoa, relaxing after a quiet day of contemplating life in all its goodness and freedom!  At last I will find rest for my weary soul!

The Beauty of WInter

I believe nothing is impossible, and dreams do come true!  When my dream becomes reality, you are all welcome to drop by and spend some time doing nothing in particular, but I promise an adventure!
But for now I am thankful to God for giving me dreams and wonderful snowfall even if just for this day!

beautiful day

No comments:

Post a Comment