Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day 10 - La Musica


I am absolutely crazy when it comes to dancing.  Remember David leaped and danced and praised the Lord, so I believe that when done decently and in order, dancing is pretty much okay!

I remember going to dances as a teenager.  In fact I don't think I missed one.  I loved it!  And I still do. Of course now days my life is a bit more subtle in the public arena, but in my home there's no holding me back. I've been known to bust a move in church too, but that's a different story!

Tonight while trying to get a little work done I watched some old favorites, and I must say my spirit was lifted by the beat of the Cuban music, and the smiles on the faces as people genuinely enjoyed themselves and gave sway to the beat and the rhythm. Even the oldsters proved that you're never too old to enjoy yourselves!



Hip hop is one of my favorites, and yes, I still do that too...even at my age!  We're supposed to enjoy life, right!  So I do!  Of course, I'm a tad too old for street dancing, perhaps, but then I could start my own crew!  Imagine the possibilities!

I've always enjoyed the old movies, "Singing in the Rain", Shirley Temple in "Little Colonel" and the one tonight, "Dance with Me".  I think there's a definite art and beauty to "the dance," and I feel it expresses what's in the depth of our souls if allowed freedom to truly be...free!

I know today I am thankful that God gave me a love for music and rhythm to go with it!  Each day I wake up to a song, and at night it's  the last thing I hear when I lay my head down on the pillow to sleep.  My soul's been lifted today by simple things I love, appreciate and enjoy.  Every good and perfect gift comes from above, so thank You, Lord for the gift of dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment