Monday, January 12, 2015

Day 12 - My Special Friend

"There are “friends” who destroy each other,
but a real friend sticks closer than a brother."

Proverbs 18:24
New Living Translation


"A friend is always loyal,
and a brother is born to help in time of need."

Proverbs 17:17
New Living Translation


Today I received a surprise package in the mail from a very good friend. The package contained a first aid kit, solar blankets, a crank-style flashlight, and other survival equipment to keep in my car when I travel.  He worries about me traveling long distances, at all hours, in all kinds of weather, and in rural areas with diverse terrains.  Although I tell him he shouldn't worry, he still does, because he's my friend, and he cares about my welfare. 

Today, and every day, I am grateful for my friends, especially my little ole worrier! Besides sending me supplies and equipment, he prays for my safety, and he often gives me grief as we jest all the time and banter back and forth. 

I am thankful for the many people God has brought into my life as I've journeyed along.  The ones who give the most generally are the ones who ask so little in return. Living in New Mexico alone for so many years, and having to start over several times, hasn't always been easy, but I can only say "thank you, Lord" for His keeping me enveloped in His loving arms surrounded by people who are so generous and offer me so much love and support.  I just got home from seeing one my special "little lady friends" whose family has offered to take me in if I ever need a place to live.  That's a wonderful feeling...knowing someone cares so much.  I feel I offer so little in return.

We are told to bloom where we are planted, and to occupy until Jesus returns.  I know I ask God almost weekly if my time in New Mexico is at an end, but I think the answer is in the still, small voice.Whether or not God has completed His work for me in New Mexico I don't yet know, but I do  know He does use me in small ways to help these precious ones I serve, whose friendship I humbly accept. I'd say I have much to be grateful for, don't you agree?  Today and every day!


Wayne's pretty smart, for a country hick! But as my son, Daniel says, "Takes one to know one, mom!"




No comments:

Post a Comment