Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 14 - The Day is Done



 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die...."

Ecclesiastes 3:1-2


I lost a friend today.  Each day I remember someone who has touched my life in a special way who has left this earth to enter into their eternal resting place and home.  Today it was someone with whom I've spent many times visiting, listening to her heart, and sharing in her pain. But always, regardless of the troubling circumstances or endless waiting, she was always positive, and we always parted with laughter, hope and courage.

Her name is Linda, so whenever she'd call me she'd say, "Hello, Linda...Linda."  Her son's name is Daniel, same as my younger son.  We had a connection, and we were friends.  She fought a valiant battle, but she never questioned her faith and trust in God.  She was an amazing lady, and I know she is rejoicing this day amidst a great company of believers around the throne of grace, standing tall with arms uplifted in praise to the One she loved.

So I won't say goodbye, I will just say, "See ya, Linda!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment