Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 26 - Questions and Answers

“The place God calls you to is the place where 
your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.”

- Frederick Buechner, Wishful Thinking: A Theological ABC

 
Just ending my day...a quite long day, but a successful one, I hope.  I've been doing much better at turning off the computer at least by 6 pm each night, but there are days when duty calls more loudly than comfort. 

I always think of so many things I want to write about either in the morning, when time is very limited, or when I am driving down the road.  I tried taping it, but it seems so artificial, planned, rehearsed, as if I was some wannabe orator!  So I am just going by my mood.  I had a good laugh with one of my vagabonds, over silly things really, at ourselves.  It's always great to "take 5" and laugh. Life is way too serious!
 
Each night as I am relaxing in a hot bath I open up the pages to Living in Gratitude by Angeles Arrien and read over the January daily thanks activities. So I thought I'd asked you some of the questions posed in this chapter:

1. Who or what has inspired you?

2. Who are what is challenging you?

3. Who or what is surprising you?

4. Who or what is touching or moving you?

These are "external questions."  I must say I have been pondering these questions over and over. I have so many people crowded into my life on any given day that it is often hard to consider inspiration.  But then, watching the way a person responds to life-threatening health issues, or challenges way beyond a person's endurance.  Humbling.  I am inspired daily by the independent spirit I see rising up in some of the more challenged individuals. These is where I gain my courage and inspiration, seeing others overcome.

My challenges come in places where I have fears I am not ready to handle at the moment.  Work is always a challenge, but it is a sweet reward in so many ways.  Relationships are the hardest, but then not too much trouble, I suppose. Depends on the day and the person.

Daily surprises come in small packages.  The Bible study I am hosting has produced some interesting surprises, and I hope changed lives.  I can hardly wait to see where it will go.

As to who is "touching" or "moving" me, well I am thinking about that one. Don't want to speak or write too hastily.  Always the Lord.  He is a constant, but then I have other encounters I am ruminating on.

Further questions to tweak your mind are:

1. What is strengthening within your nature?  For me it is trust.

2. What is softening within my natures? Judgment

3. What is opening within my nature? Love

4. What is deepening within my nature? Compassion

I find I am not as concerned about what I cannot control in my work life and also in my personal life. It doesn't mean I am not troubled by things, but I do deal with them in a manner that proves healthier for my emotional well-being.  I know the importance of distance. I know how to breathe more easily. All good things.

Can hardly wait to turn the page and begin February to see what's next!  Hope I don't have to think as much or as hard.

So, we're 26 days into the New Year.  How's your month been going? Remember to laugh!


Firstly its a frog, and secondly its so happy. Frogs make me happy anyway but this pic especially.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment