Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 27 - Christmas!


Another day...whew!!  Actually, it turned out to be a very nice day albeit with unexpected turns, but I am still smiling, still happy, and still praising God for His wonderful provision, keeping power, and his incredible love.

I was going through my e-mails, deleting a bunch of "stuff" when I made my way to YouTube, and that is where I focused my attention for an hour or so. I was drawn there by an e-mail link to "Beauty and the Beast - Vincent's Letters to Catherine." My all time favorite tv series was Beauty and the Beast, and I have watched, re-watched, and re-re-watched these movies over and over again. I never tire of the stories. I love the tunnels and chambers with all the hand - dipped candles lighting the way - the chambers ablaze with glorious light. Oh what I'd give to live in such a quiet, nostalgic place, listening to sonnets being read to me. Below in the tunnel thoroughfares listening to Mozart or Beethoven playing above in the park. Whereas I do enjoy the music of these two great composers my all time favorites are Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff, but to have this choice seating below the stage, unseen by spectators would be so precious. A bit of heaven on earth!


Photography by kristynhogan.com Event Design, Floral Design +Planning by cedarwoodweddings.com  Read more - http://www.stylemepretty.com/2013/04/25/nashville-wedding-from-kristyn-hogan-cedarwood-weddings/


When the kids were still home I used to turn off the lights at night, then I'd read by candlelight, write in my journal or read Keats, Dickinson or Sonnets of the Portuguese.  I love good literature, so I could spend hours with my nose in books reading, breathing in the beauty of the prose or poetry while all were sleeping in the house save I. It was the world I escaped to, and I still have these times when I escape into this place of contemplation and peace. It's my world of possibilities and dreams that come true.
 

If I lived in an old house and finally had the pleasure of having my own office for writing, this is the kind of decor I'd go for. Inspires the creative juices since I like to write dark.

It reminds me of Christmas...and I never want it to end.  Maybe that's why I keep up my little Christmas tree all year and listen to Christmas music, watch Christmas movies, and sip hot cocoa when I'm in my melancholy moods. Perhaps melancholy is not the correct word to describe how I feel when I am drawn by the magic of the moment. Into the safety of my hiding place, my chamber beneath the city where no one can touch me or disturb my peace.  A time of introspection, reflection and a place to dream.


Industrial home decor ideas. Love candles? Shop online at www.PartyLite.biz/NikkiHendrix


Valentine's Day will soon be here, and no one will be thinking about Christmas, but I do always.  Each day is Christmas, and we should celebrate it every day of the year. I'm not one for following what everyone else does, so no matter what time of year you may visit my home, you'll find a whimsical display of memories near and dear to my heart.  I wish everyone would keep up white Christmas lights all year round.  There's a place in Chimayo close by where I used to live, and each year several of the neighbors who live adjacent to each other in this quaint area have wonderful, magical Christmas lights and scenes, all tastefully displayed on either side of the road. Reminds me of the Christmas luminarias lining Canyon Road in Santa Fe.  Simply beautiful.  You may think it sounds commercial, but it isn't. It takes your breath away, so I make it a tradition to have visits way into the night so I can put my happy on after a hard day on the road captivated by the light guiding me along my way. Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face and a lift to my spirit.

And so tonight I light my candle, and I take my rest grateful for the day and for the memories.



70pics] Candlelight Silent Night - Candlelight of Love and Blessing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment