Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 29 - Irregular People




It is interesting how one slip of the finger on a key board, especially if one is so fortunate as I to have Windows 8, can send you off into cyberspace opening up a whole new world of adventure. For me I seem to be drawn to pages that actually confirmed my subject for tonight's blog.

I'm watching a movie I recently purchased after seeing it at the theater, God's Not Dead. A young woman is sitting at the dinner table in a restaurant with a rich, arrogant older man she's seeing, and she says, "I have cancer" to which he responds, "This couldn't wait...."  She says "You understand I might die?" and he responds, "And I'm sorry about that."  Then he leaves, because she somehow violated the agreement of their relationship.  Interesting, eh?  But then, that's life.  Sad to say, but true.

It got me to thinking about a book I read many moons ago, and have it on my "Wish List" on Amazon, called "Irregular People" by Joyce Landorf.  Joyce teaches us how to live with the difficult and intensely interesting people who are part of our families or those we meet along the way who become entangled in our lives.  I think I may need to read it again.

Regardless of how irregular people are, none compare to this brute beast in this movie, as he gets worse each time he's introduced in a scene.  This is a must see for all movie goers, especially scientists.  Speaking as one, it is GREAT!  Anyway, back to my thought about people....!

People...whether friends, family or others all come in unique packages and personalities.  We often share funny moments on Facebook, so I want to expand on that and introduce a few of the "irregulars" in my life. The photos or pics I'm sharing may not be real or actual friends, but representatives. All names have been changed to protect the innocent.  So away we go............................!


This photo is Brad Pitt in the movie 12 Monkeys, and his character looks surprisingly like my younger son who loves to freak people out!  If you saw the movie when it came out several years ago you can appreciate the depth of Brad Pitt's talent in being able to portray this less than normal person.  My son, Daniel, is not accepted in certain Christian circles, because his style of clothing and haircut, as that above, is not the accepted norm in certain circles.  Sad, because he has a voice, like others who are frowned upon by those who cannot see or accept, but, like Brad in his role, he isn't too concerned about what others think about him.  One thing special about my son is that in spite of how other perceive him or how he feels about himself, he has a compassionate heart.

 


In my travels I meet irregular misfits, ragamuffins as I call them as well as myself, who are actually charming once you get to know them.  Perhaps a bit rowdy at times, even obnoxious, nevertheless, endearing.


 

Petey-from the Little Rascals

We all recognize these guys from childhood...The Little Rascals....Spanky and the gang.  I grew up with my own little rascals, and I've added a few to my list of friends too.  Remember the hijinks of childhood and well into our teenage years?  How well I remember many crazy times as kids and teenagers doing some pretty wild things. When I heard my mama say "Linda Susan!" I knew I was in trouble.



And here we have the face of a true to life "little rascal" who has somehow stumbled into my life and  who is to the fullest extent an IRREGULAR person, but a rascal who has grown up into a strong man of God.  So appearances can be deceiving, right?!  Thanks for being my friend, ole man! But don't get any ideas!



Irregulars come in all shapes, sizes, and dispositions, and they can be two-legged or four-legged rascals.  Everyone loves puppy dogs and sassy cats.  Put them together, and often there are fireworks.  We all know "cats rule and dogs drool," but here's some reminds just in case you've forgotten.



Here's a wise cat trying to let the dumb dog know exactly whose in charge, in a diplomatic voice.


Again, whose in charge?
My new pick up line. ;) let's just say I am not planning to be in a relationship anytime soon...
Ask me a questions, and I will give you no lies!

♥

The cat would say "there are no words!"

Yeah!~~

 So enough of this, I'm bored, and it's time for my nap!

 Sometimes one picture is worth a thousands words!  We know who is in control, don't we?!



There are also fluffy, furry friends, with attitude who may not be real but imaginary irregular people! Some of you have been privileged to meet my two traveling companions, Charles, aka Charlie Horse, and Schlep, my trust ole bear friend.  Charles has the attitude, and Schlep has the heart. And then there's me! I'm the one with the shaggy hair, the less manicured of the trio. You decide...sometimes life wouldn't be the same without people like you and me!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment