Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 68 - More Lessons to Learn

 trusting god photo: God WherecanIgo.jpg


It never ceases to fail how you can begin your day so well, then at the end of the day one email can destroy all the positive feelings you have about yourself and the things you do. Rather than become upset I buckled down and began to work. Three hours later I completed the chore, and I shut down the computer. I have been hoping to get to bed earlier, but I guess that just isn't in the cards for me. But at least this time I did not succumb to the trap. Still I have so much to learn.

It seems like no matter how hard I work, I cannot get caught up. It is impossible, and the thought of taking a few days off is questionable. While the thought of a vacation is inviting, the aftermath of picking up further behind is not as wonderful.  Still I am trying to focus on what I can do rather than what I cannot do. I also realize that all I do is for God's glory, so it helps me to do the best job I can always. When we do the best we can, even when we have little to work with, and trust God for the results, it brings so much peace. If He can multiply fish and bread to feed the thousands, He can multiply results and bring an increase; if He can raise the dead, He can change the hearts of those who oppose us. Nothing is too difficult for Him.

I realize that if I am going to trust Him, truly trust Him, I cannot become upset over anything that happens to me each day in my personal life or on the job.  The interesting thing about my life is that years ago He asked me if I could give him the lives of my children. I said yes! And to this day, even when things happen, I can rest in that promise. And these are my children's lives! Quite a bit more important than everyday work events, so why do I become so anxious? Worry or anxiety is not faith, and without faith we cannot please God.

I realize how in the smallest details I have not been trusting God! And my focus should be on praying for those who feel that making demands or attempting to present airs of importance makes them look good, makes them feel worthy. As we pray for those who despitefully use us, those who speak all manner of evil against us, and those who must feel so desperately insecure, a change comes in our hearts.

I want my focus to be on rejoicing in all things, believing all things, loving always, forgiving much, and trusting God in ALL things. I want to pass the test!  I want to rest in His arms - always!

trusting god photo: God 303725muf2ka1q14.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment