Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Day 69 - Be Still and Know


"I am now utterly convinced that on judgment day
the Lord Jesus will ask one question and one
question only, 'Did you believe that I
loved you?'"

Brennan Manning

Busy day yesterday, and the promise to myself to "keep silent" didn't work too well. Duct tape might have worked better. Whenever I am called upon to share my thoughts I feel as if my "intensity" frightens or intimidates others. I feel eyes starring back at me, honed in on every word, yet not quite understanding how my "approach" or solution to a problem may be a possibility. I've been called "intense" more times than I can say, whereas my definition is "passionate" about things that matter and in finding a easier way.

On Sundays we have the opportunity to go to the front of the church and slap some money into the "Joy Jar" and share how God has been blessing our lives or those of others during the week. Sometimes I notice how some struggle beneath the load to find "joy" when their lives are crumbling and hearts are broken, yet they remain faithful to say "thank you" to a God who can do the impossible. I have made the faithful walk to the front and shared openly, without filters, on the unsurpassing greatness of the love of God. It doesn't matter if my week has been to side trip to hell, there is always so much to rejoice about. The walk for one may be an aged mother who is burdened with the slow demise of her precious daughter, or another the test results of cancer after months of  being in remission. Faithful, ever faithful in their testimonies of faith.

We have so much to learn about living a life of faith when nothing seems to tangibly change. Yet, there are unseen miracles, especially in these moments, because of the change in our surrender, believing His words, His promises, knowing He's heard our inmost cries. The times when our faith and trust is undeniable...regardless of the outcome. This is the state in which I make my stand.

As I continue to trust, perhaps even struggling, over the next two days or the next whenever, I remain confident that He knows best, and I can lay it down at His feet and continue on certain of victory, signs yet unseen and say "Thank You, Abba."

Be still and know that I am God’ #Psalm 46:10


No comments:

Post a Comment