Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 74 - Part 1, The Path


Continuing in my thoughts of yesterday...God offers us an invitation to the great wedding supper and the extraordinary opportunity to be part of His glorious kingdom. Jesus gives examples in parables of the call to reckless abandonment of seeking and finding the pearl of great price. With an outstretched hand He bids us come. Away from weariness of life, yet we put it off, wait another day, until the doctor shares the results of a biopsy, or war breaks out on foreign soil and our children are shipped away to fight for freedom. We are not promised tomorrow, or today, we live in the moment, so why is it so hard to accept such a priceless gift?!

I don't understand hesitancy. I never have really. When offered an opportunity to share in a wonderful adventure, I did. My dreams were often laughed at, and I was never encouraged due to my social status, my gender, my intellect, never good enough to realize all I could be, the potential to do great things afforded me by God. My life has been on the back burner of the wilderness, but my life hidden in Christ shows me He has entrusted me with so much.  I no longer want to wait, I want to fly! I want to soar with wings as eagles, I want to walk and not grow weary! I want to respond to His outstretched arms, embraced by His incomparable love. In His eyes I am worthy. In His eyes I am beautiful. In His eyes it is never too late.

"I want to entrust you with great wealth."

"You will be good for the people."

"Trust me. Your family will be okay."

"Teach my people to teach."

Many, many words spoken from His lips to my heart. He speaks to all who want to hear, and  His voice can be heard in different ways. Don't miss it. Listen to His words as He bids you come.

As I wrestle with dictates imposed on me by others I am keenly aware of what He tells me. As I struggle with loneliness and indecision, I hear His call and I obey. My life is His, and because He paid a price, so we have a price to pay. A price worth enduring any suffering in this world for the promise of the next life as part of His kingdom.

I waiver some days on whether what I hear is truly Him speaking, and yet I know His voice. What am I waiting for? Do I need to ask for the "fleece test" like Gideon? or do I risk everything to follow Him?

That's the question, isn't it?! The response is up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment