Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 85 - Praise to You God of Creation


"Start by doing what's necessary,
then what's possible and
suddenly you are doing
the impossible."

Francis of Assisi


What great words of inspiration can be drawn from the voice of this great man who lived his life humbly and in freedom. No wonder others over time have wanted to walk as he did, a life hidden in Christ shared freely with others. A life I wish to emulate each day, yet I fall so short.

Today was a better day than some, still with interesting sidelines and diversions, yet rather calm. I trust tomorrow will follow suit, as I begin a restful weekend. This is my prayer.  I received a call a few moments ago from one of the people I serve thanking me for something I had done. That's a breath of fresh air as I feel I do so little.  And I always want to do more. I've experienced some victories this week, and that is always a good end to a day. So I thank You, Father, for helping me along the way and bringing peace to the close of my day.

As Easter approaches I want to take some time apart from everything that rushes in to distract and interrupt my days, so I can focus only on the message He wants me to hear. I always speak of the noise, and that is what it is, crowding in, drawing our minds away from the most important person in our lives - Him. Because He lives I can face tomorrow. I never want to forget that He is the one who holds me in the palm of His hand. He holds the world in His hands, and He turns it whatsoever way He wants. God is faithful, and I want to end this day by giving Him praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment