Sunday, June 14, 2015

Day 164 - Another Day

Critique] RAMBO 2 : LA MISSION


It's tomorrow already, and I still haven't posted today's blog. Of course this morning I posted yesterday's blog today, so I am becoming confused!  Oh well, tomorrow I can think about the next day. Or not!

It has been a long day, and contrary to my best intentions I did choose to work a bit longer tonight on work than I had intended, just to catch up. Sadly, I will never catch up. I'm so paranoid these days that I seem to be forgetting simple things. So much has changed so often in such a short period of time. Ugh! So, I decided to call it quits for tonight or this morning.

Today I decided to stick in the Rambo movies. It warms my heart to see him settle the score with the bad guys! Rambo is a one man army!

Besides working and watching Rambo movies I managed to get a few "chores" done...the garden variety kind like washing clothes, tidying up a bit.  A bit is about all I did! My personal tasks or goals for each day are keeping me somewhat focused, but there's way too many things that need doing. I'm supposed to go to Zumba on Wednesday with one of my buddies, and I can hardly wait. It's so much fun, and I know we'll giggle a lot!

In looking over my day today, I am thankful for a day on the town, my gluten free pizza, and the ability to laugh or cry which ever way the wind may be blowing! There's always something happening, and I try to find the gift hidden within the mundane things. Like my little puppy friends who love to lay on my porch waiting for my return amidst the torn rug pieces and other litter they have somehow managed to drag onto my front porch. It gets a little old at times, but they are quite endearing, and I'd miss them if they didn't pay their daily visit. I wanted to take a photo of them, but I was afraid they'd eat my camera so I passed on that notion! They were after my computer yesterday.  Little rascals! I named one Brownie and the other one Ruffy. Hope to introduce them to you one day.

Well, Rambo saved the day, so I guess it's time to turn in.  As the credits are rolling this song plays:


He Ain't Heavy, He's my Brother

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there

For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

If I'm laden at all
Then I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share

And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

He's my brother
He ain't heavy, he's my brother


Now that's something worth thinking about, isn't it? Whose my brother? Whose my sister?  Get the point? My heart, my mission ... people!


Helping People In Need To helping people in need

No comments:

Post a Comment