Monday, June 22, 2015

Day 173 - The Day After

"Be still, and in the quiet moments, 
listen to the voice of your
heavenly Father. His words can
renew your spirit....no one knows you
and your needs like He does."
Janet L Weaver


Sadly, I am still in the overflow of yesterday's emotions. Holidays are always hard for me being so far from my children, plus Father's Day is harder still missing my dad so much. There's so much more I would have liked to ask him.  But that's life and the brevity of time.  Sometimes I wonder how much he really knew about me, but it's pointless to hope at this stage. Just be glad for the times I had that were quality when quantity was not possible.

Today I was out and about up in Chama, and it was surprisingly hot for that area. I happened to run into a friend at the gas station which was an added surprise. I'm thinking about making an escape to Chama one day very soon, so I can ride the railroad, the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad. In all the years I've lived here I have yet to take that wonderful ride. I think it would be best in autumn when the aspens are in beautiful colors. I'll have to find a friend to drag on my great adventure, but regardless, I can always go alone. Most of the travel I have done has been pretty much on my own, me and my babies when they were little stair steps. The map I posted on Facebook really isn't complete, as I forgot the states before New Hampshire, small but important. My Esquibel relatives used to talk about how wild I was in making pilgrimages alone. All I can say is, we do what we must.
I'm not good at waiting, and I thank God He allowed me the time and means to take these road trips.

I passed through Abiquiu on the way north to Chama, and the rocks are so striking in their many hues of red and bronze. It defies imagination or any definition of beauty. You simply have to see it yourself to appreciate it.

Abiquiu, NMi


I had a great time in Chama mixing with the locals, and watching the tourists go in and out. I think I like the idea of being a tourist.  I've been considering another great adventure involving myself and Ghost Ranch which is located in Abiquiu. Just some thoughts, but I do want to pursue some inquiries.  I need to check out all the possibilities before settling down to the same old things. Change is hard for me, for many people, but sometimes change is a good thing, so maybe I'll throw caution to the wind once more, and chase my dreams. Tonight I was late getting home, so my hard and fast rule to turn off the computer at 6 sharp did not apply, but I was off before 7:30 pm, so that is progress.

Time to catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's. I am very tired tonight after being in that dry heat all day. Really sapped my strength...the heat and coming back to tasks. I will not elaborate, but suffice it to say....UGH!!!!

I'm breathing...!  Hope you have a good night's rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment