Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 175 - At the End of it All


Sunshine in my soul

My day off began with praise and thanksgiving for a beautiful day and the beginning of a pleasant repose. It wasn't long before my phones began to ring, but I ignored them as I had to hurry to get to Santa Fe at a decent time, so I could get some fun stuff done. So I showered up, and as I was turning off the radio in the office, the "Cisco phone" began to ring and light up with the red lights announcing important calls. Warning...warning...warning! So, I relented and picked it up....end of a calm morning.

The up part of it all was I was able to encourage someone spiritually prior to hopping in my car and cruising towards the big city. But soon my positive mood was turned sour by an ugly remark by an unkind stranger I encountered in my favorite restaurant while hidden in the corner of the garden, and back I went to my "pit." Interesting how one unlovely, spoiled rich woman can spoil things for others.

I hurried up completing my tasks, and I was soon back home in my "safe place," away from negativism and just plan ugly. The good part is that I didn't remain in that "stuck place" of condemnation, because I was not in the wrong. Someone just wanted a punching bag, and I was in the right place at the right time. I pray for people who enjoy putting others down. So many people lost and in need of a Savior.

But at the end of the day I slept and had good dreams, because I know the One who makes all things new and who vindicates, soothes my wounds, and heals my broken heart.


... keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."Philippians 4:7 (KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment