Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 176 - Major Downer turned Upside In

Abiquiu Vacation Rental - VRBO 81865 - 1 BR NM House, Abiquiu Lake ...

Escape to the field! Hallelujah! I am out of the office headed for cool air and beautiful mountain grandeur! Of course I have that already, but there's something especially wonderful about the approach into Chama, cresting the hill! Breathtaking!

Strangely, the air was so hot, even the breezes, and that's pretty unheard of in that part of the country any time of the year. It was so hot, not humid, as New Mexico is not really used to high humidity or any, for that matter. We do have a tad, but nothing like Virginians or coastal Texans are used to feeling. Nonetheless, it was different, so uncomfortable. Thank the good Lord I have an air conditioner. I spent many years here in the summer with air conditioner and in the cold winters without a heater that worked properly. In fact when I worked in Minnesota for a year the heater was busted, but I survived. I remember when I was a kid we didn't have all these fancy contraptions, yet today everyone is spoiled and soft. Well, I can't really say "all" living here in Northern New Mexico, as I know a few who don't have running water and use an outhouse. Count your blessings!

The day went well, and it ended well. I turned off the computer at a semi-decent hour, as I had some work to finish up prior to the beginning of the next. But all was well, and I surrendered to the night.


... .Surrender Yourself In Front of Splendid Dreams ~ Good Night Quote


No comments:

Post a Comment