Saturday, June 6, 2015

Day 156 - Clarity


Use your high-beam lights when driving in rural areas and on open ...


God speaks in mysterious ways! Thursday and again on Friday while listening to the Christian radio station I heard someone saying that a car's headlights throws a beam that lights the way 150 feet ahead allowing enough clarity to hopefully avoid a mishap. I guess I'd never considered it, and thankfully, I've been safe thus far in my travels...for the most part! Next he quotes one of my favorite verses of scripture from Psalm 119:105:

Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light to my path.


The speaker goes on to relate the similarities of having a physical headlamp lighting your way on the road ahead to keep you from making wrong turns, losing your way, and the possibility of an accident and God's revealing His way, His truth and His light to give us direction in our lives and to reveal his purpose in and through us. It's a perfect illustration, and one I am thankful to pass along, so that life doesn't get too wild and crazy in an already sane world. 

Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet



No comments:

Post a Comment