Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Day 154 - New Every Morning


 Think of the purest, most all-consuming love you can imagine. Now ...

"God's love never ceases. Never.... Our faith
does not earn it anymore than our stupidity 
jeopardizes it. God doesn't love us less
if we fail or more if we succeed.
God's love never ceases."
Max Lucado


As a young adult in my late 20's, early 30's as I was awakening to the truth of Jesus as my Lord and Savior, becoming cognizant of the depth of His love for me, I spent much time involved with the local branch of Youth with a Mission, commonly called YWAM. I met people from all walks of life and diversity of faith affiliations, but the purity and simplicity of faith in action and devoted love and praise for the Lord I found in the Quakers and Mennonites. There was no competition or self-promoting as being better or more knowledgeable, only a calm, peaceful assurance of Jesus' love and trust in Him as the love of their lives. This love was extended as His hands and feet to those within and without this circle of believers. We were unified as one.

All those years ago and yet I remember so vividly and can still hear the songs we sang as we praised God and lifted up the name of Jesus. Many times when I read a Psalm or even a reference in a devotional or book I'm studying, phrases bring the songs to mind, and I burst forth in song, remembering. 

That peace covers me and quiets my troubled soul and mind, and I can rest.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 
Lamentations 3:23-24
His mercies are new every morning

No comments:

Post a Comment