Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 162 - Lost

 Uncertainty Quote

"We were born out of one eternity and are frighteningly
close to another. We play tag with the fuzzy realities of death
and pain. We can't answer our own questions about love and 
hurt. We can't solve the riddle of aging. We can't keep ourselves
out of war. We can't even keep ourselves fed. Paul spoke for humanity
when he confessed, '"I do not know what I am doing.'" (Romans 7:25,
author's paraphrase)."
No Wonder They Call Him The Savior
by
Max Lucado

 
 

"The foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the
weakness of God is stronger than man's strength."
1 Corinthians 1:25


For all of you who have turned 65 or are about to, I know your frustration. This morning I was reading a letter from my employer about Medicare being my primary insurance when I turn 65, and I became very perplexed.  Having worked in the field for many years, I understand Medicare as it relates to Medicaid, and I seem to be able to answer others' questions, but when it comes to me, I panic when I don't understand. Fortunately, I have friends who have passed this bump in the road, and they were able to reassure and instruct me.  Ugh! So this weekend one of my goals is the apply for Medicare, Part A, so I'll be over the hump. Hopefully, I will be able to work for awhile, as I don't feel particularly decrepit or anything!

It's interesting the simple things that send me into a tizzy! I feel like my head is spinning. Time for another vacation.

I'm grateful I can rely on direction from the One who holds me in the palm of His hands. Whew! One disaster averted...for the moment!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment