Saturday, June 20, 2015

Day 169 Thursday

 Homework takes so long that you don’t have

I'm late again in posting my Thursday thoughts. When I let the loser have his say before punching him in the nose I tend to become exceedingly lethargic the next few days. If you're wondering who the "loser" is, well suffice it to say, he is not God. God is the Great One, but the other guy who loves to stick his talons into my flesh is the "loser."

Thursday was a productive day as far as work was concerned. My visit in the morning was very pleasant, but my afternoon was a bit different than I had planned. An important visit was canceled for a lame excuse, so I wondered to myself why I care so much. That thought always passes quickly, so I plan how I will respond to this untimely cancellation when I do visit.

After several other disruptions to my day, ya know the nit picky type of annoyances, I decided I needed a distraction from the allure of the office. As the work day was ending I decided I'd go out to eat with a friend, so I cut off the computer, washed my face, and prepared myself for our great outing. We went to my favorite place, Rancho de Chimayo Restaurante, and I had green chile enchiladas. Yum! When I returned home, after scurrying around a bit doing this and that, I went to bed and slept soundly.

My day prior to going out on the town had become a bit too tedious for me. I tend to over stretch myself most of the time, in spite of my good intentions not to do so. But with the time restraints working with government programs, time lines are important. So it is what it is, as I hear it so aptly put. I do love what I do, but it is how I have to accomplish getting the work processed that drags me and everyone else in the field down, down, down. Promises are being made that this will change, so perhaps one day they will. Until then, I will try to do myself a favor and remind myself to turn off the computer at 6 pm, because the work will be there tomorrow. Easier said than done to we overzealous achievers who dot every "i" and cross every "t." Asi es la vida!

selection of articles related to overwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment