Saturday, June 6, 2015

My Day

feelings

I have enjoyed an afternoon in the company of two men I admire, both now with Jesus, surrounded by His glory. Rich Mullins and Brennan Manning. I never tire of listening to Rich's music, and both Rich and Brennan sharing their testimonies so transparently. I hope I can be that way always, regardless what others may think. Doesn't really matter as long as Jesus gets the glory. After all, it's His story I tell...His wonder-working story of grace as He works to transform my life into His own. He never tires, no matter how long it takes for me to surrender my will. The point is I will always surrender, because I know He loves me, and His way is far better than anything I could come up with in all my imaginings. Isn't He lovely?! Isn't He beautiful?!

 found out a couple nights ago that Brennan Manning died over the ...

I am reminded of another man of God who lived his life openly and unashamedly for God, Keith Green. He was a musician and a minister just like Rich. Keith and Melody Green started the Last Days Ministries of which I was a small part long ago. Those were the days of my radically free life when I never stopped, nor tired. God protected me from many disappointments in those days, as He continues to try to shield me now. Still there's a time and season for all things, and I believe He's priming me up more fast paced days ahead. So rather than slow down at age 65, I guess my engine will rev up a bit faster. Can hardly wait to see what God has planned for my life! This restlessness is hard to handle at times, but then God needs my full surrender, and somehow I guess I'm still letting some things get to me, but we're working on it.

 File:KeithGreen-ForHimWhoHasEars.jpg

Today was a good day.  I didn't really accomplish a lot in the way of tasks I had on paper, but I spent the day with Abba, remembering and building memories.  Thank You, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment