8/26/2026
"Prayer is the way the life of God is nourished. Our Lord
nourished the life of God in Him by prayer;
He was continually in tact with His Father."
Oswald Chambers
As I gazed from my window looking towards the maple tree my daddy planted when I was a little girl, the old beloved hymn This is My Father's World" came to mind....
"This is my Father's world, and to my list'ning ears, all nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres. This is my Father's world, I rest me in the thought of rocks and trees, of skies and seas, His hand the wonders wrought.
This is my Father's world, the birds their carols raise; the morning light, the lily white declare their Maker's praise. This is my Father's world, He shines in all that's fair; in the rustling grass I hear Him pass, He speaks to me ev'rywhere.
This is my Father's world, O let me ne'er forget, that though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the Ruler yet. This is my Father's world, the battle is not done; Jesus who died shall be satisfied, and earth and heaven be one."
How can all seem so quiet and peaceful when in other places half way across the world tragedy strikes? One does not have to look far not to see tragedy. Today a glacier broke off causing floods and catastrophic disaster in Nepal, wiping away homes and buildings, killing hundreds, and about 1,000 people are still unaccounted for at this report. Immediately my thoughts went to Smiti, a young girl who distributes Bibles in Nepal. Her photo has been on my bulletin board for many years as a reminder to pray for her. Several sources I trust have been reporting the news, bringing updates, but my heart is so heavy. Just watching the devastation as the iceberg broke off and caused the water to rise and burst down the waterways into the land, with a bridge of cars being hurled over as if they were feathers on a ledge. Buildings being decimated in seconds as the water hit so forcefully. It was horrifying to watch, but the people were experiencing it firsthand.
Each days the earth cries out with earthquakes, tsunamis and hurricanes with flooding, forest fires and those set by the carelessness or violence of man. The savagery in the streets with lawlessness abounding, while hardly anyone really raises an eyebrow or thinks to try to do something about it or make a difference. I've exhausted this subject though, and I guess there's no one listening, especially the church.
A revival began tonight at a local fellowship. I was unable to attend due to prior commitments, but I will be following online. It is my prayer that a fire may be lit, and the flames fanned, and revival will be spread across Virginia and the entire nation. If our nation is going to be saved - brought back to God - it must begin with repentant hearts, beginning with each individual. James 4:17 exhorts us: "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God; and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"
No comments:
Post a Comment