Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Day 235 This I Know

 

8/23/2026

"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' 

Your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.

When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation 

brought me joy."

Psalm 94:18-19

 

Life can be a mixed bag of feelings and concerns. Sometimes I just have to sit and listen...or not listen...to whatever is being seen or heard. That probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but to me it does, so I will leave it as written. I'm not trying to be flowery in language or philosophical in meaning. I'm not even certain I'd know how to do either of those things, and if I did, it would probably be done poorly. Things are becoming very chaotic, confusion seems to be the by word for each day, as more and more garbage explodes from the internet in the way of news. It's a good thing I am not much in reading news. Honestly, what it called news is garbage and full of lies and distortions. Truth is hard to find and often hard to believe. Sad to say that for the most part journalists today or their CEO's have sold their souls to the devil and are doing the bidding of whoever has the largest purse strings. This has been my observation at least. Walter Cronkite and Dan Rather would not be pleased with their successors. Paul Harvey would probably say "I told you so!" 

But I can tell you what I do know, and I can tell you who is trustworthy and just. I can tell you about a life that is worth living. And I can even share with you how to live your best life, that is, if you're interested! If you're looking for Truth His Name is Jesus! 

 When Jesus was trying to tell His disciples about His death, they still did not get it. In John 14 He reassured them that although He was leaving them, He would return and take them to be with Him for eternity. He told them He was going to prepare a place for them, and as believers, He's doing the same for us. Thomas asked Jesus the way to where He was going, and Jesus responded in verse 6, "...I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

So many are confused, worried, and they don't know which way to turn. The church does not always have the answers to the questions they are asking, because they refuse to look at the larger picture, and they do not want to discuss Bible prophecy, especially the Revelation of Jesus Christ written by the Apostle John while he was on the island of Patmos. Many use the excuse that the book is too hard to understand, but the Apostle Paulin his instructions to Timothy in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 clearly states: "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." Revelation 1:3 says  "Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near." 

As watchmen on the wall we are accountable for sounding alarms when danger is imminent. We can't force anyone to choose the right path. Just like salvation - freely given - but we cannot make the choice for someone else to believe that Jesus is who He says He is. That decision is solely in the hands of the individual. But I do believe the words of John 3:16-17: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." 

The best proof believers have that Jesus is who He says He is comes from the individual testimony of one who has experienced being "born again," as Jesus described in John 3 to Nicodemus, a Pharisee who came to see Jesus under the clock of night. It was hard for educated, religious people to believe what Jesus was sharing although He fulfilled the prophecies they read in synagogue daily. Their eyes and hearts were blinded from the truth. But I know Nicodemus understood, and he wanted to follow Jesus, but he had responsibilities, so his allegiance was divided. The call to follow Jesus is very simply in response to His words, "Follow Me."

"The entirety of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever" (Psalm 119:160).

Pastor Jack Hibbs from Calvary Chapel Chino Hills in California was sharing from Proverbs 3:1-6 as his text for his message. Man desires wisdom, but he is often not willing to surrender his views and opinions for another's. Proverbs 3:5-6 is a Scripture that I share quite often, as it is the only true path to finding wisdom, wisdom that comes from God: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Pastor Jack spoke of the Apostle Paul's journey as a believer sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and about all the trials he had to endure in following this path. But finally Paul could stand resolute in his faith, totally steadfast in what He believed and in his trust in God. I was excited to hear Pastor Jack share my Scripture, the one I cling to that is found in 2 Timothy 1:12 "For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day." I have grasped hold to this Word from the LORD for as long as I can remember, knowing that I can depend on every word God has spoken to me in His Word, His infallible Word.

In a time when very little in this world's economy means very much, and we see and hear very little of what we are taught to believe or how to live our lives, we must stand fast and firm in our faith in God triumphing in the cross of Christ. This I know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment